Gtr3 Mercedes sounds after update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean Kenney, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    So, I increased the cockpit engine volume and also gave a little medium frequency boost.

I had no problem to hear my car in a pack of 15 cars using default menu volumes, but I'll wait for your feedbacks to see if we need to tweak it further ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Wow....what service :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Well, you guys still need to wait for an update to hear the difference, but once you get it, I'm sure we'll end up with something satisfying.
    Those deep V8 sounds have a great tendancy to consume a lot of decibels in the low frequency bandwith, which is always challenging to make them as loud as some other agressive sounds without entering into the red zone and adding unwanted distortion. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Agree. Plus most people's gear isn't the best...so to speak...

I don't have anything too spectacular, but my bw cm5 and pioneer elite bring out some great sounds....no idea how the gf puts up with it.

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    while you're poking around in there Anthony, can you check that the gear-shift sounds are all present and correct? They seem missing or very quiet on the Gr5 Capri, the Audi TT, the DTM 2014, and perhaps some other cars

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if here is the right place to do it, but anyway... Just wanted to say to @Anthony Monteil , you're awesome!

Not only is your work in my opinion the best out there, but I went trough a few of your posts and your attitude is ...just great. I've never enjoyed racing game sounds as much as I enjoy the ones in R3E.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  7. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Group 5 Capri, I'll check that one. The Audi TT, the quiet gearshifts (cockpit I suppose?) might be normal, as the car is using paddle shifts in real life. I'll give it an ear though. DTM 2014 too, maybe something happened, a lot of stuff has been worked on recently , both codewise and featurewise so everything is possible ;;).

• Like Like x 3
  8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    thanks, that's brilliant (as always) :D

9. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to dig out this thread. Didn't play R3E for a couple of months so I wasn't able to hear the new SLS sound with my own setup ... only YouTube footage as always. Anthony already mentioned that there's an update after the update coming ... What bothers me a little bit about the new SLS sound is the decrease in volume at the end of the revs. It's getting quieter for no reason. And it's not the only car where the volume fluctuates.

• Agree Agree x 1