Bug Heave issue with certain cars...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by VFX Pro, Jan 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Car: Porsche GTE RSR 2019 & Fr 90 cars (might be more)
    Track: Monza Start/Finish Straight
    Behavior: Unless using a motion rig, this nearly impossible to detect. The car bounces a ton more than other cars in this section as if the car has no suspension (like a go-kart) detecting the tiniest road surface details. Other cars do bounce normally in this stretch of track but there is something drastically different with this car on bumpy tracks. This issue is not "detectable" in the FFB signal, but in the telemetry signal, it makes my rig "vibrate" up/down.

@Alex Hodgkinson

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  2. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I think the December update has changed something :(

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Have you looked in the telemetry to see if the car is bottoming out? Raise the ride height and see if the "problem" is still present.

4. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Good suggestion. I don't have the Motec software to inspect the telemetry, but I will raise the car in-game vs using the default setup and see if it does, in fact, fixed the heave vibration and will post my results.

5. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 You are a genius! :) Increasing the height (front and back by 1 cm) appears to have fixed the very annoying rapid heave motion, not those cars behave like other cars. Perhaps, the default car setting was designed by someone with a motion rig and was simply too low/aggressive and should be revised.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well without looking at the telemetry and seeing how much and how hard it's bottoming it's impossible to say. It may be that it's just brushing the ground to no detriment to the car but your motion rig over reacts? Alex usually sets the cars up using motec so they shouldn't be excessively bottoming on default.

Glad your "problem" is sorted for now though.

• Like Like x 1