Problem Hitting from behind

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by wozdecky, Nov 23, 2016.

1. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    What do You think from R3E develop?

I thing that hitting from behind is very big problem in sim racing (real racing too).
    The reason is because theer no penalty for that.
    It should be at least drive through penalty as it in real.
    On multiplayer it should be interesting that if driver make 5 or 10 pushing from behind he will be on blocade 1 or 2 months from multiplayer racing.
    There is no sence to make multiplayer racing if some idiot comes like rocket on hairpin and hit everybody who are on his path.
    Second problem is, if You pass somebody and of corse sometimes is with livery contact, and You apologize to him too, he start to hit you in purpose. It is, of corse, matter of manners but it destroy game and multiplayer racing.
    Make difference from racing error and hitting in purposer.
    I know that there are lots of "braking rulles persons".
    Anny possibilites to protect normal gamers by developer (start with driver through penalty)?
    On Iracing they have mark for every contact that is made. I din't know consequence but it is step forward.
    I know it is problem how to measure it, but hitting from behind is obviously. Even in real racing. Pushing from the track also like in hockey.

Please, if somebody wanna spit and make no arguments comentary, leave it for yourself.
    All others sugestions are wellcome this is big problem that we have.

Thx,

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I just experienced it myself that I was kicked of the track on purpose, really sucks especially when one started from a promising position. I am looking forward to the new ranking system that was mentioned in last week's dev stream, that should sort a lot of such problems. What I am curious about is, how is such a crash scored in this system? E.g. I get hit from the side on a straight and DNF after hitting the wall.
    Regarding hitting from behind. Annoying - yes. But hard to measure. There are also cases of people braking way earlier than they should or than they did in the laps before. Who is to blame here? The guy hittting from behind or the guy braking early (on prupose?)? I think it would be extremely hard to evaluate all this automatically, that's why we have race stewards in real life :/

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Agree with You, but at least hitting from behind is obviously, for begining.
    It is possible to make some parameters from real racing obvious accidents and put them in to game.
    Some examples:

4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    In rFactor2 there's an interesting parameter, which is called "Unsportsmanlike Sensitivity". It checks vehicle contacts, but only about running into other cars. If you bump into someone in front and the impact is hard enough (depending on the sensitivity setting), you'll get a penalty (e.g. drive through).
    Maybe a similar solution for R3E would be helpful in this case.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I had a race yesterday where i even got out of the way to make sure he didnt hit me .... and suprise suprise .... still hit me from behind. I really feel that the policy of iracing is the be best. If you hit someone its your fault, if someone hits you its your fault. That way you drive way more cautiously. I think that servers should be able to choose to set a minimum amount of contacts between players. Lets say 10. So you hit some one 11 times and you get kicked. This should also be applied for practice and quali ! And 10 is already a lot of contact, even rallycross doesn't have that much !!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I agree, avoid contacts at all, but, again hitting from behind is one way guilt.
    For other types of contacts, I agree.
    Mabye 5 contact and 1 month multiplayer blokade will be good.
    Players will be more careful. You know, laws are manny times very rigorous, but if You'll let people to "makes curves", they take a chanse.

7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Sure. however i think that the playerbase is way too small to have that type of "bans", just having him off that race i think would be fair to start. However!! it should be something that is toggable by the server because of endurance races and .... Nordschleife. But then again people who race these races (whoops) wont be having too much contact so it shouldn't be a problem. But this is something that i hope gets implemented soon. Just the though that you cant touch the other cars will help the races a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    No it isn't, and stop bringing up iRacing. I don't want that crap inspiring ANYTHING S3 does with this sim.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I had a 30 min race last night with GT3 on Hockenheim where I got hit from behind in T1 starting from P2, which broke my front and rear aero-The whole front end fell off but mind you I didn't notice the front end being gone before after the race. This dropped me to dead last. After this I got hit once more in the middle of the race while chasing the top 3 cars and we lost a good 15 seconds more.

Pretty frustrating but my opinion is that one just need to brush it off and do your best from where you end up. No point in starting to call drivers this and that on the chat during the race. Finish the race and take it from there.

Unfortunately I was involved in a somewhat questionable move, by myself, in to the Hairpin. We came in three cars wide and I braked pretty early on the inside but made the slightest contact at around 10 km/h with one R8 LMS in front of our three car group when he turned in. I don't know what happened later but I think he tried to come back from the outside of the track and spun me, and himself in to the wall on the run down towards T7. After that he started b*tching like a madman on the chat and disconnected.

I understand that it sucks, big time - and to the R8 driver I would like to say that I'm really sorry for my part of the faulting. But one can't retaliate (if that's what you did) and start to whine over the chat. I only noticed while watching the replay that my whole front was missing and this led led to the car understeering like nothing else. Yes, there's a massive problem with people not being able to run behind for more than one turn before trying a stupid move or plowing straight in to you. BUT try to fight those feelings of anger and retaliation and just get in there and salvage what you can. I see people disconnecting from 30 min race servers after T1 on lap 1.

Why? This is a great time to show what you got and practice your race craft. You win some and lose some.

For Sector3 I've got some things I would like to see fixed with or/and implemented in the game:

1: Drivers who disconnect doesn't show in the replays. So the incident last night is hard to review since the R8 drivers car isn't showing. Is this a known issue?

2: After the race I would like to see a complete list of all drivers that took the start, or be able to see it in my portal after the race. Maybe we could also have a quick link to drivers you would like to send friend requests to and/or to drivers you would like to discuss a race incident with directly in the after-race screen? As it is now, it's really hard to see which drivers were involved, much less who even started the race since they all disconnect and don't show up on the screen.

10. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    We have to be realistic, at the moment it is the standard for online racing and it is the best solution. The only other solution would be to have a moderator for each race .... Im not even gonna comentate on that. Also rrre is very obviously trying to bring players from "that game" so i dont understand why not mention it. Heck they even use terms from "that game" like safety rating and licences on oficial updates ....

11. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Replays checking is also good.
    You right about complaing and that stuff, but even in real racing, as I mentioned 100 times, pushing from behind is penalised.
    We all experienced and did some moves, in purpose or by acidentaly.
    Chat dirt talk is funny, stupid and going nowhere, agree.
    Penalty will be good because people will drive carefuly like pro racers in generaly.
    Examples from other games are good sugestion and example as guideline (liked or not).

Idea of my topic is that make proposal to R3E about that aspect in sim racing (like real one, at least one part).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but with iRacing comes a lot of other well known issues, not to mention how the game feels, sounds and looks (if you care about it) and I feel that their way of conducting business is somewhat questionable. Also the safety rating isn't without it's flaws since you can get involved in some wrecks by no fault of your own only to have your safety rating drop like Nintendos stock.

R3E is by far the most complete game in my eyes and since starting to play it in 2014 it has come a long way. Yes, we need some sort of penalty/rating system. Maybe we need to ghost the whole field until lap 3? But we also need less delicate, whiney people who disconnect immediately from a 30 min race after some contact. If you never commit and follow through you will never develop your skills.

The main problem is the sprint race format. More servers need 30 min to 1 hour races. This will teach people to not try to win the race at T1 and not to run away after a spin.

13. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Forgot to mention that I agreed with your points earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  14. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this should be blocked by game. If You enter than finish the race, exept the car is undriveable (engine, bodywork...)

15. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    Please stay on topic.
    Examples from other games are welcome but stop insulting and comparing games. Open new one, please.
    This topic is to suport and info R3E stuff about ours "field of wiew".
    R3E is for me #1 game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    But we are on topic. The topic is about bad racing contact , in your case hitting from behind, or not ?

Also how do tou config quick chat ? That helps a lot in game and avoids lots of colisions.

17. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Maybe drivers need some sort of incentive to finish the races. Maybe if you have a track record of finishing 20 races without penalties or DNF's (over 15 min long) you've entered you will get 10 vRP or some sort of "badge of honour" which grants you access to servers/part of the game which wreckers and casual drivers won't access?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I ment, off topic by comparing games and insulting (not everybody).

19. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I'm wondering, do you (everybody) agree with this idea, so that we sugest r3e to take consider about this and start with drive through penalty for hitting behind. Like kind of penalty testing.
    Please check if you are agree, or not...

20. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    You will probably need to make some sort of limit to this since there might be touching without it causing you to crash all the way to Mars. Also the possibility of being sandwiched, where someone hits you and you in turn crash in to the driver in front.

I don't think this is as easy as it might look. Multiple factors need to be considered.