How to stop MP races ruined by poeple quiting?? Ideas...

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Squidboy, 22. Mai 2016.

1. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Guessing we have all been in a multiplayer races where we start off with a fair few drivers and 1, 2 laps in there are only a handful left. When someone quits out could their car switch to AI controlled and stay in the race? They could be re-named to bot driver (whatever) and they get no stats from it etc. Would keep the race more interesting for those still invovled..Just a thought.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I don't know a good answer to this. The only reason most people stay in iracing is due to the fact quitting out early will hurt your license. You should only do it if your car is totaled. So in r3e I don't see a way, people are poor sports. As soon as they don't have a chance at 1st or they get lapped they quit, they have no heart. This is what happens when you give people trophies for participation lol.

I have been in some races where people didn't just quit because they were in the back, heck I never do, and i'm always at the back :) Even in iracing sometimes people get wrecked, but their car is still drivable, they still quit due to their emotions. But yes I hate it when im in an r3e mp race and there people around me and they slowly start dropping out until i'm by myself.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 22. Mai 2016
  3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Public servers for you, im one of the biggest culprits, usually out of frustration, either at myself (mostly) or someone else.
    Join a group and commit to it and the race!

4. Andrew A Ward

Andrew A Ward Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That is very true about Iracing, its very very rare that someone quits due to being last as there is always the chance there will be the "big one" and hey presto you get a top ten or better as the top guys have been knocked out of the race.

This is why I used to race there ( Oval A Open Div 2 / B Open & C Open) all the time due to the online system they have but what got worse over time was the lag / shitty website the lack of moving the Sim forward with pointless updates and changes to the sim that made it a pain in the arse etc etc ( Don't get me started or I will start ranting :) )

Granted you can have some good racing there but you do have a lot of "tools" who think the are the best thing since sliced bread.

If S3S stepped up to the plate and started to work on a system similar to Iracing they would be on a winner!!!
    I have a list as long as my arm of drivers that would leave Iracing if someone else provided a service on par with them.

Unfortunately at the moment we have very limited choices when it comes to " serious" online racing / competitions that are even anywhere close to that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    In Guild Wars 2 PvP (I know off topic right!) this used to be a problem as well, people leaving before fight was over, now if you do it you get a temporary ban of 5 or more minutes were you cant get back in till it has lifted, this could be something to add to Raceroom MP quitters !!

6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the devs have hinted many times how they are experimenting with a online ranking system. they in fact said they were running one in the background as an experiment a while back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Before turn 2 people usually start quitting. When they crash, when they realize the pack ahead is too quick for them etc.

It sucks, but i'm guilty of it too. When I drive my line and watch out, but get tanked in the rear for no reason other than a greedy driver I usually quit.

8. Lyndon Hughes

Lyndon Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have done most of my racing on i/r and without a similar rating system in mp i really cant see anything changing regarding people leaving,even then i am not sure it would work in other sims, i think one of the reasons it works so well in i/r is because of the huge userbase

i so want to get away from i/r for so many reasons but i prefer mp to ai but i cant find any where with similar standard mp, i joined an open server on r3e a week or so ago and found my self having to avoid cars going the wrong way,cars waiting on the side of the track to wreck you and because of this i have not been on a server since but with a system like i/r it is less likely to happen.

i did my first and probably my last race on r/d ams server last week,i was so far off the pace against those guys i wont bother again but with the i/r system i would have been put in splits with drivers of similar skill where i can get a decent race and be fairly competitive.

i like r3e even though it has its little quirks and would love to be able to knock i racing on the head and just race mp here or even ams but i cant be doing with wreckers and i cant see the point of racing against drivers with twice my skill level, it seems my only choice is ir grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

9. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand the thinking. R3E is a sim and people that buy the content must like sim racing? So why are the public servers such a cluster fuck. I don't understand people's reasoning of why they want to wreck it for everyone else. I race in the club races over at Rd and thankfully it is well marshalled and good fun. I don't get how supposed "sim racers" can act the way they do on public servers.

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Wow - I guess it was on a Server with free content? The most Time in R3E I spend in MP-Races (nearly only public) and such a behavior was very very rare. The last time I've noticed something like that is long time ago now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    ...and not naming any names but I've raced against a few people on here who should know better when it comes to first lap quits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Something like iRacing or SimRacingSystem will be great...if nothing at least something like Battlelog lol

13. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Look at other genre public servers...it is the same. That is the reason why i do not play online in public servers, unless i set a dedicated server with a friend to play coop. The only way to have clean races is to race at dedicated servers with straight forward rules but that means you are bound to a certain time. But yeah...it is annoying. I did a public server race and one guy just waited for cars to slam them offtrack. I waited behind him and i swirled from left to right and everytime i wanted to pass he tried to bump me offtrack. I quited and started a SP race.

• Like Like x 1
  14. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    A license system would be great. It'd avoid so much bad behaviour!

Usually I do stay in a multiplayer race when I spin, but when I get wrecked by someone on purpose I do quit :/

15. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    jf mentioned something in a interview that the plan is to include something like this....

16. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Public servers in any game have been the same since the year dot. It`ll never change and is unfortunate that the genre we have chosen to play is racing where online idiots and quick early start mayhem have the a bigger impact on the overall experience than your average fps or strategy game.
    Have to agree here, general first corner mayhem is a given, as for people deliberately going out of their way and\or waiting to wreck is very rare on the public but paid for track\servers.
    Not saying there arnt idiot drivers lacking any kind of race craft who appear not to know any better or just dont care but generally there is a good bunch of core drivers who like to race fair.

17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As long as there is no decent system I strongly recomment to look out for a decent group or league. I know,many might want to have spontaneous races due to their schedules 'n stuff or simply trying to remain "independent" but in the end the benefits of having a good organized community to race with are outbalancing the downsides like wreckfests and exploring the unknown realms of lacking intelligence :)....one effect for me is , that my league or group activities are so satisfying that I don't need to be online that much anymore - because I don't have to panic that I might miss a good race somewhere...:)

18. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Quitting?

[​IMG]

Would be my suggestion.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I am kinda noob, sometimes I lose my car but I prefer go out saving other opponents and be the last one than hit other players and continue my run...
    I think is also a problem of respect to be honest...

20. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    While I agree, I thought sim racers were a bit different to other gamers and their servers.