Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    often its said this game should come as a full pack,I dont share this idea,if there was a full pack,30 tracks and a shit load of cars, it should cost a lot of money. I cant see how that could reel in a mass of players,I'm not reffering to castle owners and monaco dwellers, iracing got them already.talking about the mass.
    My suggestion is R3E pack comprised with 14-15 tracks picked by the devs,i first thought about the ones being used most in mp or the best sellers but this is a germancentric game and mp is usually an endless loop of nurburgring and hockenheim.
    and around 30 cars, 2 from every class(german and american nationals excluded) maybe one good for tight tracks and one for fast ones.accompanied with 2 extra liveries,no passes included.
    at around 60-70 euro i think it would increase significantly the player numbers

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Not really the right place for that topic.

On topic:
    I just noticed something that have been brought up in this thread, but haven't seen in any patch notes that it was implemented.
    The mirrors all showing the same view, they don't anymore. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the same picture, but that's only half the picture shown in the side view mirror, right?

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - think so too... IMO the center mirror shows the hole picture, the left mirror the left half of the pic and the right mirror the right half... especially noteable in the second pic - there you can see nearly the same in side and center-mirror.... it is not like the real side-mirror that shows more from side

5. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, same picture, just cut on the side mirrors.

BTW, hope virtual mirror will be fixed one day, it doesn't support well high res display or ultra wide.
    On my predator x34 virtual mirror is very small and the fov is too wide.

6. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Darn, you're right.. :oops:

7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This is a small nitpicky thing, but I just noticed something in the NSU, the trip meter doesn't move / count..
    Always show 23241 - 0000
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Haven't noticed this in any other of the old cars.
    Either they don't have them, or the other cars are just to fast to keep track of whats going on with the gauges? :D;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Is there any way for Sector3 to replace the real race driver's name with the game player?

For instance, on Multi-player races, in DTM cars.... A.Raser on the rear window and on the in-car dash plaque.
    Then the replay video will have my name on/in the car.

Also, car numbers.
    Let's say I was a 2013 DTM online race series winner (in points). My car number would be #1. The top 10 finishers would also have their # based on their finish in points. We would keep those numbers for any 2013 DTM car/race they drive, until the next year's series champion is crowned.

In pub races, #'s starting with 11 is assigned to people's cars as they enter the server so each car has a different number even if they are driving the same livery car, unless they were the current top 10 (from above scenario).

Is something like that possible? Too much trouble in programming? Licensing issues? No interest from other sim'ers? Just a stupid idea?

• Like Like x 4
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Similarly, is it possible to do the opposite i.e. race under the real driver's name rather than my own? It would be a nice feature to be able to 'roleplay' as a real driver rather than replacing them with myself in offline races.

I'm sure I have already mentioned this before so apologies if I'm repeating this one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Never seems to be enough buttons to map all the feature rich items in R3E

Addition of the option to map multiple keys to the same wheel buttons.

In GUI mode
    I could custom map keys to my Dpad/wheel buttons/turn the wheel to move around/select/adjust the various menu items.
    Those who wear gloves would never have to take them off.

in-game mode
    I could map another set of keys, to those same buttons, related to things done during practice/hotlapping/racing.
    adjust brake bias on the fly, adjust traction control on the fly, DRS/kers. Radio(teamseak), Looking left/right
    and down for those who have ultra close fov so you can glance at "working gauges".

Pit stop mode?
    So you can, yet again, map more keys to the same wheel buttons/dpad to control your pit menu items.

Maybe a Video replay mode (grasping at straws here)
    Map another set of keys to those same wheel buttons, so you can control the video playback.

And please let us make changes to various settings (like fov or video settings) on the fly. Instead of having to suffer through 10-20 reloads while trying to tweak various game settings.

Allow bordered windowed mode which can be dragged to be resized while maintaining the correct aspect ratio.
    That way, I can resize my 5760x1080 window to a 21:9 AR resolution and have room left for me to watch/hear my favorite football/baseball/Hockey/24hrs of Daytona - LeMans in a small window on either side of my R3E window (or TS or..............)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    New endurance class including the possibility to change your chair with someone in your friendslist. (to do in the pitmenu)
    So that your friend can do the next run even he lives at another place.
    Whit this the virtual endurance comes close to the real endurance

It's Just another idea

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  12. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have been playing Automobilista a bit more lately, started a couple of championships along side my championships in R3E.
    And there are mainly two things I like better in AML, and that is how the shifting is handled in older / unfashionable cars without the modern gearboxes and clutches.

If you change gear in AML without clutch the car gets put in neutral with a gear grinding and then a noisy sound till you clutch.
    Because there is no punishment for this in R3E the feeling of using the clutch in old cars gets lost, which is a shame!!!
    I know it's possible to rev match and shift without a clutch in old cars, but is it really that easy irl??
    Anyway, I like it a lot better the ALM way!

The other thing is to early downshifts.
    I love (in fear) the sudden bite, if the difference is too great, then the wheels lock up and you get sent in an uncontrolled spin! :eek::oops::D
    Feels more hardcore and thrilling than the dull downshift preventions we have now in R3E!!.. . (This is for old cars, I'm fine with it on new cars that have this DSP irl like DTM 2015 etc)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    You mean shifting without clutch.

Agree.
    Tried to run a DTM92 car a few laps without using the clutch went just fine despite full throttle shifting there was no damage to the gearbox .

• Like Like x 1
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks! :D

15. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, transmission abuse like that should have it's limitations.

But remember, prior to the last major update, there was an outcry that transmission damage was too prevalent. When I watched some of these old youtube videos and replay videos, I could see why. People (including me - I learned from them) constantly using their transmissions as a brake (past redline/redline downshifting).

To S3's credit, they listened to their minions and altered the transmission damage or implemented the downshift prevention model.

16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but I rather have a harsher "transmission brake" locking up the rear wheels, and along with that transmission damage (worst case, engine blow out). At least on old cars.
    This will teach them not to abuse the transmission. :)

They could have this DSP only activated on leaderboards and competitions.
    Or better yet, make it optional in SP like other rules.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see which liveries are already taken in a multiplayer race. I realise that this is not easy to implement because of concurrency, but I rather ride a second choice livery than the same as someone else.

Last week I joined an NSU race, and while there are four pages of liveries to choose from, all drivers had chosen the same one o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Jägermeister?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    No, a blue Italian livery with a stripe from the last page.

20. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I know I've mentioned this before,
    but I just bought another car that I can't drive comfortably
    due to the lack of a third axis in cockpit seat adjustment.
    Please give us a seat tilt option to refine the eye line from car to car.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016