if a gamepad is not recognized...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maskerader, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    If a gamepad is not recognized and the player binds all controls manually under "Keyboard" profile, will gamepad-specific settings work? I'm talking about those:
    Analog interpolate sector1="0.0"
    Analog interpolate sector2="0.0"
    Analog interpolate sector3="0.0"
    Analog interpolate return multiplier="4.0" // Interpolate speed multiplier when the wheels are returning towards the center

In Keyboard profile they are very different than what you find in default gamepad profiles:
    Analog interpolate sector1="1.4"
    Analog interpolate sector2="2.0999999"
    Analog interpolate sector3="2.2"
    Analog interpolate return multiplier="1.5" // Interpolate speed multiplier when the wheels are returning towards the center

If an unrecognized gamepad would use settings from Keyboard profile (0/0/0/4.0), it might work badly, and without reading a guide here on the forums I doubt a regular player could set these properly.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  2. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I found a gamepad and the answer is yes, keyboard profile has gamepad-specific settings that will be applied and it's bad because they are extremely twitchy. It would be better to change them to what gamepad profiles have: 1.4/2.1/2.2/1.5 or 2.0/2.1/2.2/1.5 (don't know which ones to choose for an "average" gamepad, but the latter felt better for me).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  3. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0