Question Isolate curb feedback

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Skev, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking to try and isolate (or reduce) the feedback from the 3D curbs as I find it quite harsh sometimes. I believe that vertical force is the feedback value that controls this, but keen not to lose any weight transfer feel.

I am running a CSW v2.5 and have set FEI to 60 to bring the curb feel down to a value I am happy with, but just wondering whether anyone has any insights into whether it's possible to have FEI 1-1 with the game (so set to 100), without the curb rumble being overly aggressive and not losing the weight transfer feel.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    You can adjust rumble strip effects by editing your control set file here: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\<your device>.rcs

The lines you're looking for start with "FFB rumble strip". You can adjust intensity, frequency and how hard they pull your wheel.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  3. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Ooooooo very nice and very glad I asked the question. Will give it a bash.

Thanks very much @Maskerader

4. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Turns out the rumble strip magnitude is fine, it's the sawtooth monsters outside of the rumble strips that I was hoping to tone down. Guess it's pretty realistic to be fair, but was hoping to just tone it down a notch or two.

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it's called cheating! :D:D:D