Bug July 2021 Update - Track Performance worse now with time progression!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dady Cairo, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hoi Ho,
    before the Update my system was able to run with 29 visible opponents and GFX settings on high.V-sync alway on.Latest Nvidia Drivers and Win64 updates.
    Now i tryed Nords VLN and 24 hours and my Framerate is low,lower than 60fps at start as last on the grid.
    On the Nürburg Grand Prix track it works with 61 fps from start.So lowering the GFX does not much.Reduced cars to 20 visible makes 2 frames.What is going on here?After i could not use Otter Hud or Web hud anymore now this comes together very bad.It was the best running Sim on my system before the Update.Very strange to me.Is Raceromm now more demanding on system power?What should/can i do?
    30 cars with steady 60 fps on every track is what i want/need.And good lookin' of course,do not need Ultra settings.
    See my System specs below.
    Many thanx
    Chris

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    If this issue is only present on Nordschleife, make sure time progression is off.

3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Not only on Nords,even Spa.
    Time progression off is much better but not perfect on these two tracks.Maybe i find more;)
    For example : I can drive Macau with 30 opponents and time progression on with steady 60 fps,me last.
    Not possible @ Nords or Spa with GFX settings to high.30 car visible.
    Oh my,something is off or not optimized with this FFB update,very sad,cause i loved it...

Edit: If i use 20 opponents or 29 it's the same.If i go higher it is not playable anymore.Stutters like hell and FPS doesn't crawl up.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I hope it is on the bug list for thr DEV's - time progression on Nordschleife and Spa kills FPS!

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    So it was indeed time progression issue? On Nords, this issue is known for more than a year (can't remember if it was always like that after time progression was introduced), I guess it should be in the buglist by now. I haven't heard about Spa though.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Will test Spa again later.But at start clearly a loss of 5 frames wich crawl up to 60 after Eau Rouge...
    Wasn't before,i always had time progression on at 15x.Never noticed it till the great Update.Maybe more tracks,if i got the time.

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    For the DEVS to look into and fix!!! See my system spec below.
    Some bugs are old and still not fixed (Nords),some got more worse after the system 1-core demanding "July FFB Update".

So,i got the time today to test every track with every layout under always the same conditons.
    System GFX : High 4xAA + FSAA 1080p/60 Hz
    V-SYNC @60 hz
    Grid : 30 opponents (and 30 cars visible) /AI 95 Get Real Mode
    Me last on 30th position.
    All tracks i list now are more or less affected of the TIME PROGRESSION BUG:
    My FPS on start is about 45 on Nordschleife tracks and about 54-56 on the other tracks.

1.Nordschleife only 24 hours and VLN
    2.Spa only Classic and Combined
    3.Chang
    4.Zolder
    5.Daytona
    6.Sachsenring
    7.Stowe Circuit "Long"

EDIT:
    Spa Classic is chopy at start even without time progression till Eau Rouge,then the framrate is back to steady 60 fps.
    BTW: It dosen't matter if you change/ lower something in the GFX settings.You have to set time progression to 0!
    Hope that helps.
    Chris

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean these 7 tracks?

----
    I would expect time progression to cost you a bit of FPS because it's dynamic shadows vs. fixed shadows, this sort of stuff. The issue, I suppose, is that some track are affected much more than others. Like, last year I tested Chang vs Nords in solo practice; on Chang my FPS only dropped 10-15% with time progression, but on Nords it was 50% and more.

But also you say it got worse after the last big update, so maybe there's something else going on too...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I had never something to complain about the performance of RaceRoom for years.My system is strong enough to run AMS2 with high settings and RF2 etc.It struggles with ACC (Unreal engine,so no wonder).But as i said these tracks noe need more power on start as the other ! A loss of 10 to 5 frames at start,was smooth before.

10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 @Andy Kettler
    So,where are (is) a Dev to answere?
    I would like to kow if it is known by the Devs.
    I didn't do it in vain guys,i supported the Sim and bought every content,even i don't like some:D
    Many thanks
    :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021