Locking out old GT3s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eisprinzessin, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    They do, but mind this change in the latest changelog:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    So for example physics updates do not interfere with this method, right? What about multiplayer? I guess it crashes when a car is not installed via JSGME?

Your method looks great, I may simplify it by making a permanent grid, then other cars/liveries, and finally the cars I would only enable if I want to race online (so the remaining old ones).

One more question. If I have e.g. 50 liveries installed and I choose 23 AI cars, are they selected randomly or some liveries have higher priorities? Simply put, do I always get the same 23 cars or every time I load up the grid will be different?

3. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As this mod is just effecting the models and liveries all other changes to the game do not harm the mod. And yes for multiplayer all cars need to be installed so far as player does use one of those cars beeing not installed.

Liveries are choosen randomly. Thats why I did set up every car for its own (and because some drivers are more skilled).

4. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah thats what I want to figure out by repeating a cs I already did. And on long term I think during a cs the "better" drivers will still make the most points I think so. Which I would appreciate by the way.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Short answer is yes. ;)
    There is a randomness multiplier now that's being factored in with the base skill level of an AI driver, to simulate their form on the day. However, on average higher skilled drivers will tendentially still perform better, because of their higher base value. So your method of selecting a higher skilled field should still be working.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. kosmoface

kosmoface New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is unbelievable through which hoops you must jump to have a decent 2017 GT3 field. Is it really that hard for Sector 3 to make us chose the cars we want to have ingame?

Hey, Sector3 you don't have to hold back, I will buy GT3 anyway...

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone else problems with this method since the last patch?
    With some GT3s locked out I'm getting kicked back to main menu after about a minute loading screen or even getting to see endless loading screens. :(

8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    No problem here.
    Agreed. I was really hoping an AI car selector would be here by now.

9. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Great news, then I can start figuring out whats the problem with my game. :)

Yeah same goes for me especially when I read the last patchnotes:
    :rolleyes:

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You could try verifying your game files in Steam and then start the process of locking out the cars you don't need all over again.

By the way, I don't use the JSGME program linked in post #2. I just manually deleted the folders of the cars I don't want.

11. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Was a wile away from RRR and last time ic locked out the dinosaurs via JSGME, i was kicked back to main menu after track was loaded.

Putting back all the shitty old GT3 in the rooster, it works again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't able to find a workaround for me what brought be away from RRR since that. :(