Logitech G920 Raceroom steering force

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by niklas2171, Jan 1, 2024.

1. niklas2171

niklas2171 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    hopefully this thread is posted in the correct part of this forum, if not correct me.

Quick introduction from my side:

I started simracing on the xbox with a Logitech G920 in different games. Now I swapped to a PC and, build a rig and want to play Raceroom. LogitechG920 is also working for PC so I connected everything and it is working. One thing is bothering me: I have the feeling that the steering force is quite low. So the force I need to turn the wheel, it justfeels to easy (like i a brand new roadcar) On the xbox I was pretty happy with the needed forces.

It seems to have the forces and tension in the wheel, but as soon as I start a race in Raceroom (not the game itself, then it also has enoguh "force") the wheel is "loosening" and I need quite less force than before.

I checked different FFB settings and checked the diagram within the game. Furthermore I used older version of Logitech GHub and re-installed Raceroom.

Did anyone faced similar problems or has an idea for a solution? Thanks in advance

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    On the car setup page, top right corner: FFB multiplier. You can assign buttons to adjust it up and down while you're driving.

Also, assign a button for "FFB meter" and watch if it's clipping. It's fine to have some clipping in a few corners around the lap, just it shouldn't be everywhere.

3. niklas2171

niklas2171 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answer!

I already checked FFB-Meter with the multiplier. I have sllightly clipping but still the force doesn't feel that good...

What makes me think that something isn't working like it should is the fact that it's loosing the tention in the wheel as soon as I start a race.

4. HiCkS

HiCkS Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    With my G25 I have the "FFB minimum force" to 15%, maybe you need to rise it too?
    And depending on the car I have the multiplier between 3x - 4x

5. niklas2171

niklas2171 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I checked the minimum force from 3% up to 15%.. doesn't make a big difference.

On the test car (haven't purchased any package yet due to the problems) multiplier was at 1.8 and already had a decent clipping.. but thanks for your answer!

I am missing all the old settings which you could use..

I think the Logitech Software GHub is calling this "centering spring" (hopefully correct translated) but RR has no settings for this anymore.. recent Version had way more option for setting up the FFB..

6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Turn up the Bump Amplification

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I actually have similar experience but on Moza R9. It have it set to 100% everywhere (ingame and Moza PitHouse), but it feels like running on maybe 50-70% compared to ACC, iRacing, AMS2, rF2. Increasing per car multiplier only introduces clipping.

8. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I seem to have exactly the same issue - G920. Strangely, it started really suddenly. I was in a qualifying session and it was working fine and then for the race it suddenly felt very weak and loose with little feedback. Took a while to get used to and it is driveable but not much fun without good feedback. It seems to be similar in iRacing and RFactor2 so feels like it must be software of hardware related.

I have reinstalled G-Hub as well but no change.

In G-Hub itself the resistance seems quite strong but when I launch a game it's just not as strong.

Welcome any other feedback from the community. Thanks.

9. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This worked for me.

• Like Like x 1