Logitech Profiler running in background?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prince Alexander, May 11, 2017.

1. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Do I need to have my Logitech Profiler running in the background once I've set my global profile, or does it not matter? I've read conflicting reports on the internet...what do you guys think?

2. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    QUOTE][Do I need to have my Logitech Profiler running in the background once I've set my global profile, or does it not matter? I've read conflicting reports on the internet...what do you guys think?/QUOTE]
    I've got the G920 and it definitely makes a difference to the wheels behaviour when the profiler is not running.[

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    You mean like keep the Profiler window open? Then not. It runs in the background by default anyway.

4. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    no, we are talking about it running in background, it's only closing it down altogether that gives me any issues

5. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Well, obviously completely closing it can give you issues, since it's supposed to run in the background... I feel like I'm missing something here...

6. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    My wheel (G27) doesn't work properly if I forget to launch the profiler, so I say let it run in the background.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I did, and even thought I answered it - it's supposed to be running in the background and not running it can give you issues, so obviously it *should* be running and there's no reason to close it.

9. Prince Alexander

Prince Alexander Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your input. I guess I'll run the application when playing with my G27. With my previous Logitech wheel, I just set the global profile, but then never ran the profiler while playing, and I didn't notice any issues.

10. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yeah itcan be done without theprofiler running, but having tried it both ways there are good reasons to stick with profiler running at all times...cant recall why and have no desire to revisit the problems that led me to that conclusion! took me years to work out all kinks with profiler/game interaction and settings.