Bug Low FPS on Spa Francorchamps only

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kam, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Kam

Kam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Raceroom normally runs really well on my PC. For once a game that is well optimised. I am always at 60-70FPS+ except on the Spa Francochamps track. I have tried lowering video settings to LOW, makes no difference. Normally everything is set to HIGH.

It will drop on Spa to 30-45 FPS but only at certain points on the course, generally near the start / finish line and also around the 2nd chicane area.

You would think that 30-45 FPS is not too much to moan about, but with your eyes it looks more like 15FPS, its VERY jerky.

I have tried running it with no AI and only me on the track, no difference
    I have tried it in practice, single race and championship - all are effected.
    I have tried the Grand Prix, Classic and Combined version - all are effected
    I have tried deleting the graphics_options.xml - no change
    I have tried lots of different cars from all different classes (DTM, ADAC, Group 5) - all are effected

I'm sure this isn't an issue with my PC because as I said the rest of the tracks work fine. My PC temperatures are fine and the 6 CPU cores and 4Gb GPU aren't really even trying.

Is this a known issue that I have missed or is anyone having this issue??

Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    strange, i run a i5 4690 @ 32gb ram and a gtx780 @ 3gb , never noticed a frame problem at spa . running w10. maybe you can post your exact pc hardware specs

3. Kam

Kam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi testdriver. Thanks for the response. I have got to the bottom of it, and it was something to do with my PC or the way Spa is optimised at least. Everything is fine running at 1080p but if I run it at 1440p i get this issue, but only on this track. Turning track details down (crowds etc) to medium fixes it. So driving round with bare stands at the moment. I was expected bare stands on the other tracks afterwards too, but they are still fully filled with people, so not sure why Spa is so heavy on resource. Having said that my RAM is only running at 70% and CPU cores at around 50% and that's with everything set to High. My GPU is also not hot, running at around 70 degrees. Its strange but I have got around it.

I think when I set everything to LOW as a test previously, I must have clicked on AUTO or something by mistake instead (it was late!) otherwise I would have resolved this without writing a post.

Thanks again.

FYI - I run a AMD Phenom II X6, 16Mb RAM, R290x GPU @ 4Gb and Win 7 64 bit.

4. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    try disabling "tiremarks" option only.

5. Kam

Kam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately that made no difference. "Track level of detail" seems to be what fixes it.

6. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I have that issue with Spa too: framerate drop from 60 down to 40s, and only between the start/finish and Eau Rouge, and no matter the conditions. Turning track detail down to low resolved it. Could be all the detail around the paddock, but I wouldn't have guessed that would affect your system (my specs are in my sig).

7. Kam

Kam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldnt expect it either, but it is what it is, so I just run it with track detail on medium now and everything else on high. I could run it all on high and drop the resolution down to 1080p but it looks much better at 1440p so I prefer that, and just turn down the track detail instead.

I thought it could be the amount of paddock 'furniture' too but I also get the issue on the right hand turn where the crane is on the left hand side, I think that corner is called Rivage.....and there's no people or stands there, just hedges, and the crane.