Bug McLaren Merc SLR 722 Bugs

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ✠UK_SPAWN✠, Feb 5, 2021.

1. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have found a few issues when driving this car.

Firstly the reported gear ratios/speed of each gear is incorrect. IE it says top speed will be approx 290kph but in fact when driving only gets to 260kph...

I think this then may be related to my next problem.

The wheels keep "falling off" when just driving normally. I am at spa and driving quickly but no means ramming over curbs or anything, the brakes reach over 800degrees C and then eventually the wheel just caves in and total write off, the damage indicator is flashing red on the tire display and the car scrapes along the floor and will not turn at all, it feels like the wheel has fell off (physically its still attached)

Now if the speed of the car is being read/reported incorrectly, i can see why this could happen, as the game thinks that much more force is being applied to all the systems in the simulation, so when im cornering at 150kph or braking from 260... the game must assume the speed, and therfore forces are much higher resulting in damage.

twitch.tv/videos/902031029

Watch from about 7mins in
    again at 16mins

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You have to keep in mind that the cars in this class pretty much have the oldest physics in the whole game. I guess these bugs would only disappear with a physics update for these cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    yes I can keep that in mind but also keep in mind I have paid real actual money for these cars. I have brought all content in the game and show my support so, i would hope that it can be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Noted, German Nationals could really benefit from some attention.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Would it possible to have another roadmap to know which cars or classes have physics updates in the pipeline?
    Not many people use the German Nationals but the LMP classes are more popular as they have F2P cars for instance and are on older model too. GTR1 the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just took this car out for a spin at spa to see what is going on. Its a bit of a dog physics wise compared more recent cars but there is nothing to back up the OPs findings. I've seen his twitch video and he is repeatedly locking up the brakes resulting in a FL puncture. I did 9 laps with no damage at all occurring. Best laptime was a low 2:31.

The car not reaching the speed indicated in the setup menu is down to aero drag, thats the theoretical speed for a given rpm/gear ratio and doesn't represent top speed on track. The default gear ratio is low for Spa, needed a couple of notched on the final drive, all other setup as default. reported top speed was 273kph

So apart from it needing bringing up to modern standards its not bugged.

7. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    you obviously have not watched the video. at 16 mins the wheel explodes and no braking has even happened yet...

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    at 15.30 you lock up into the bus stop, at 15.40 you lock up into la source.....that's two in 2 corners....that tyre screeching noise, that's a lock up.... you are destroying your tyres and they are puncturing.

Driver error

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    and then you say "its broke through steering wheel"......well yes....that's the flatspot vibrations. lol

case closed

10. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well if someone tells me thats how its supposed to be, and that tyre really is that fragile... fair enough i can accept that. but i thought it was strange so reported it... i dont want an argument about who locked up for 0.01 seconds driving style and all the rest... i mean pushing in a race situation the odd lock up does accur.. so if its intended behaviour then delete this entire post and be done with it.

Thats what this post is for, to report what i think is a bug and then get feedback on it.

So, can i get a definitive answer. Is this intended or is this not intended? thats all i need to know

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    you aren't locking up for a millisecond you are repeatedly and consistantly locking up into most slow corners, which makes me ask the question, this car has ABS, did you disable it?

When you repeatedly lock up it wears the tyre in one specific patch and it will eventually puncture, so it is behaving as it should.

12. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    okay then delete the thread and ignore me. my fault

Yep im locking up a fair bit. first time in the car. also once this happened i was kind of trying to make it happen to test why... i was thinking it was brake temp related or something.. so i was being aggressive

Fair enough.

And yes i drive with no ABS on all the cars. i prefer it.

Ill go and put some more time in the car and see. but i still feel that the tyres shouldnt explode like that. none of the other tire models do that thats why it was supprising to me. What tire is this on this car? is there real world evidence of this behaviour etc?

Apologies for bug reporting something thats not a bug.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No problem. Bare in mind that modern race cars use ABS as a tool. The McLaren is heavy and takes some stopping, without ABS its always going to be an handful, hence why it is installed as standard. I'm not sure what the tyre spec is on this car, but if you don't lock up the wheels they won't puncture.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Worth mentioning that race cars designed from the offset with ABS often have over powered braking systems as they are always intended to be computer controlled. That makes brake modulation quite tricky should you switch it off.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    i don't like driving with ABS, never have even in real life. I like to feel like its me doing it and it feels quite boring with it on IMO. and i feel its faster without it, debatable i know but lets not :p

So, does the flat spot telemetry work? or does it work on some cars/tires and not others?

EDIT: Yes it does work i just tested it, and i can now see what im doing wrong.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  16. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks for the input guys.

My apologies again.

Just did a 2:28 dead in it tho at spa and there is more in it, so its not a bad car, but i couldn't turn ABS off as its set "get real" in hot lapping.
    Ill just remember that when damage is on that the tyres dont like to skid at all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Which app are you using with the telemetry info on the list at the right hand side of the screen? Is that in ottehud?

18. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    webhud i think its called, i just tested it and it does work, youre right its me flat spotting the tire. seems very sensitive to it compared to other tires.

I was just like "well im not doing anything different to what i do in any other car"

Sorry :)

19. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    if you fancy a drive any time look out for my server called "UK Practice" or "UK Racing" with a Union Jack picture

20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    This doesn't sound like aero drag to me, but I may be wrong:
    (Upd: The numbers are so hard to see here. It's 291 km/h in the setup but it sounds like gearbox actually "ends" at 265 km/h.)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021