Problem Mouse control

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ix_meru, Sep 12, 2023.

1. ix_meru

ix_meru New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, when i choose Mouse control it automatically sets steer left and steer right to mouse X- and mouse X+. I want to set acceleration and brakes to Mouse Y+ (for acceleration) and Mouse Y- for brakes. I think it needs to be done through local game files but i couldnt find it there. If anybody could help I would really appreciate it.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I found a way to bind Y axis to throttle/brake, but the game doesn't want to use it for whatever reason. If you want to experiment with it yourself, go to Documents/My games/Simbin/Raceroom Racing Experience/UserData/ControlSet and find your mouse steering .rcs file there. You need to set these lines to these values:
    Control - Accelerate="(2, 163, 0, 0)"
    Control - Brake="(2, 164, 0, 0)"

The game will recognize Y axis as inputs for throttle and brake, but only in the key bindings list. Like I said, it didn't want to actually work in the game.

Editing this file should only be done while the game is not running (you won't break the game, it will simply not see your changes and then overwrite them on exit).

If you don't find a mouse steering .rcs file, then select the default mouse steering, modify it in any way (add a key binding of your taste), then the file should appear there. If needed, all the default control profiles are stored here: Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet

3. ix_meru

ix_meru New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I already found that and as you say in your reply game wont let you use it in game, i think there should be coded a part for Mouse Y control like there is for Mouse X there does not exist code to actually get your mouse Y movement and use it as acceleration or brakes. I managed to text support on their website and they said to ask at forums or discord.