Question New McLaren supposed to have steering deadspot?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, May 13, 2017.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I just test drove the new McLaren and I was wondering if the car is supposed to have a deadspot in the steering? after testing the McLaren, I tried the ADAC BMW Z4 and the DTM BMW and didn't find the same deadspot.

To be frank, my Chevy Silverado with 10" lift kit and 36" mudder tires and had less of a dead spot in the steering....and my steering rack is worn. Aren't these GT cars supposed to have laser like steering response - compared to street vehicles in general?

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    can you check if the BMW M6 have the same behavior?

I haven't noticed a deadspot myself with the Mclaren, but I've changed the Setup and Steering-settings for the Mclaren before I tried it first...

3. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Interesting
    I will test it today

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Looks like wrong steering settings.

Check in car setup > steering settings that you have them properly set.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit, I haven't been using Raceroom that much recently. I have been driving primarily F1 cars with much quicker/tighter steering. I suppose that is why I noticed this deadspot when I switched back to Raceroom.
    I don't know if this is something that happened recently or not, but I have not made any changes to my wheel or wheel settings in Raceroom and/or wheel. The steering settings are correct.

I will do some more investigating.

6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    To me it kinda looks like steering saturation set "wrong", but in that case it shouldn't be limited to a single car I guess...