New Racing Series for R3E (suggestions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale Junior, May 22, 2015.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Only 11 new tracks and a fleet of cars, what's that, one each for the Dev's and one for the cleaner? ;) Fair shout for the optimism but I feel we need to increase the size of the community, to do this must involve sorting out the niggles we all have, framerate on certain tracks, upgraded physics for all classes (plus revamped classes), multiplayer driver joining lag, improved car setups plus the ability to save them, Triple screen/sli support (whether the Dev's like 'em or not, with the cheap prices of monitors and the fact that VR headsets make many people feel ill, Tri-screen is only going to grow), FFB improved, proper driver rating system and I could go on so IMO once these things are addressed then and only then ALL OF THE ABOVE would be a good start! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Trans-Am Series, a must have for the road racing sim R3E :) ... Let's keep our fingers crossed, that they get the licence.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  3. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    While the points you make about the needed features for the program is very true, that could be said for any of the suggestions made here in this thread. As a fan of racing and raceroom as a sim, I just mention trans am racing so that guys that appreciate racing that is alittle different have a chance to immerse themselves into something other than euro tracks (which are great!) and euro cars (again, they are outstanding to run!). Yes the tracks would ot be a bit to put together (but the content team is usually not the same people that are doing the programming, they can happen at the same time :) ), many of these tracks have been mentioned in this thread, as for the cars, any GT3 corvette, camaro, mustang would not need much to fit in the class, a dodge challenger, dodge viper or 2 and you have most of the cars racing in the TA class. So, its not all that far away, if it gets the support of the community and the devs it would be another fine addition to the sim... Again, this thread is all about mentioning some ideas, seeing how the community reacts to them and with any luck, getting the devs attention and maybe seeing your idea become something real in the sim.

No matter what features are implemented, and what series of cars and tracks, I'll be racing them :)

RIch

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Something like TA2 would not be too bad car wise as they are essentially the same chassis with three body/engine combos - a pack would be a start until enough tracks are available - and bias ply tyres would be interesting. US content can only help increase the player base. Thumbs up for Rich. Just please, no Drissi!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Well... I have to post a gripe. Maybe I'll make bullet points to start because I end up typing essays. Those from the GT Planet forums will be familiar with them. :p
    • I don't want any vintage content later than mid-90s. Super Touring Cars, please!
    • I can't handle anything much faster than GT1, don't want it.
    • Please fix the bots. Seriously. They're brats, and they can't handle those vintage suspensions.
    Now to elaborate. I set up a DTM 90s series, and immediately regretted it. The bots just can't handle those cars. They drive like drunken children, sometimes swerving all over the place and braking for no apparent reason, so being near them is not fun. I grew to hate it so much, I fired up Project CARS, which I'd been meaning to try anyway, seeing as I bought it. Yes, the physics are rather "simcade," a cross between Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 4 - yes 4!, the tires are almost silent and the driving feel is incredibly vague even with stiff FFB. What's more, the weather implementation is terrible, with FREQUENT intermittent rain, and then the track dries up very quickly with no clear indication of when you're getting better traction thanks to silent tires. If that's not bad enough, it's in a WIP beta state.

In spite of all those incredible negatives, I adjusted and began to really enjoy the game. Even with bot A.I. about as rambunctious as in RR, you can actually hang tightly to a car's tail and hope to draft for a pass, which can be a pure gamble in RR thanks to idiot braking traits. Because of the simpler physics, the real fun is in the race car series where it's less apparent. And I've had a total blast racing the GT4 class. The cars are in the mid-point of power and performance, which tends to yield tight and very competitive racing. It's about as much fun as I've had in RaceRoom. I thought that doing the 90s DTM in RR might be similar, but no, racing those bots is utter pain, and the handling is just too loose.

I tried the GTR-X cars last week, and I can barely time trial them, so racing them proved to be nearly impossible except on the most sweeping tracks. And even then the bots just ended up passing me, so I lost all interest in LMP and open wheelers in RR. Sorry.

I have to reiterate - no, I'm begging - for S3 to come up with a GTR-4 Class based on FIA GT4, and whatever else is out there in the world. Even a fantasy series like my GTR-S suggestion would make me ecstatic. I know some people bristle at even having fantasy liveries, but there is quite a gap in RR that GT4 style racing would fill perfectly. WTCC just isn't the same thing.

Oh yes, forgot about RR's bot A.I. Please tend to those poor wayward children at some point. I know that most any course the least bit curvy will tend to make a race into a single line of cars after a lap or two, but these bots tend to know nothing other than follow the leader, and they rarely fight each other. I can see that S3 wants to spread out the field, but they do it in the most annoying fashion I've ever seen, by having the bots brake unnecessarily to space them out, and they tend to do it at the worst possible times, such as when I'm behind them. And they seem to have no qualms about slamming into me nearly full speed when approaching a turn! BAH! While P CARS' bots are almost as bad, you can tailgate them and have a much better time racing in their midst. They don't use their cars as weapons!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Weirdly, I've had a very different experience with the DTM 92 AI in R3E. I've had a blast racing them. Their braking behaviour isn't great and you do need to be aware of it, but in my experience it's not a deal breaker.

I did try a few Group A races in PCars. Maybe the AI is better or worse, who knows, I rarely get past 1 lap before the constance micro-stutters, hopeless FFB, and embarrassing sound make me want to kill it with fire.

But, for excellent use of the word "rambunctious", I agree with your entire post. Even the bits I don't agree with :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have not had more fun than racing group a in this game. I find it substantially better than the gt cars because when you get the slightest tap your not sent spinning. please add 60's touring cars and more older group a racing.:p

also add more faster cars i love gtr x and the prototypes.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but I can't agree - there is ton of dream content pre 90s, and driving the DTM mustang is a joy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    GTR-X cars are awesome the RUF is a fantastic car to drive, they just need a wee bit of fettling with the setup and a sub 2min is possible at Spa (not by me but then I'm shit!). I also am not keen on Formula 1 cars but then I only have Codemasters F1 series to judge them by and frankly I find the game (yes game) a pain in the backside and just can't get into it. Far too hectic, must say I am looking forward to trying out S3's open wheelers and having the option to start with a lesser formula, working my way up to the big boy's, can't wait ( no really S3, I can't wait any longer, where are they?).
    Just one little setup tweak can turn a tiger into a pussycat-ish, don't give up on the big boys, they really are fantastic to drive, Eau Rouge at full chatt in 5th is something everyone must try, as when it all goes light at the top it feels as if you're about to go into orbit, phenomenal!
    S3 continue on your heading!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I suppose I made my post a bit too pushy, didn't I. Motorsports does indeed have a rich history in the past, though those "wobbly goblins" from yore don't exactly thrill me. It's also possible that my particular bots may have "developed" a bit differently than others, or maybe I'm just not in the mood for being bashed around, so I'll explore that in the bot thread.

But really, as I posted previously, I'd prefer it if S3 would work from a "middle out" kind of approach to expanding RaceRoom. I know a lot of people were big fans of GT Legends and other vintage racers, but beyond S3's current plans, I'd prefer a roadmap that looks a bit more like this:
    • FIA GT4 (GTR-4)
    • Proper expansion of the GTR classes to mirror the FIA GT equivalents with Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari (one day), etc
    • Super Touring Cars
    • Formula Ford or similar mid-powered open wheelers
    • ALMS/USCC
    • STCC, BTCC
    • The world of vintage racing
    • Etc
    I know everyone has their druthers as far as how they want to see RaceRoom develop, but this is my dream roadmap, and I think this would be fairly popular.

• Like Like x 1
  11. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    here's mine for comparison
    1. V8 Supercars
    2. Formula Ford or similar wingless open Wheelers
    3. Group a expansion Rx7, AE86, commodore ect
    4. Caterham
    5. enzed touring car masters or similar late 60's series
    6. super gt / (class 1?)
    7. mini vs mustang

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    If Abarth is hard to get, how about a Kia cup?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    why not the classic mini, low powered caterhams or aussie racing cars. why do we need crappy low power race cars when we can have a lot more fun at that same power range.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, would love to get both old and new minis along with caterhams and aussie race cars!! :)

But I just thought I give them some (probably) easier to license suggestions..
    I figured, the crappier the cars the easier to get. :D

15. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Would love to see Super GT. Rhymes... :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Just unveiled the ADAC TCR Germany series. Will run in the same weekend as GT Masters, starting next year.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Now that's something I'd like to see show up in R3E!!. It would be nice to have the companion series represented (Audi TT, TCR, Formula 4, etc).

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The audi tt sports cup is the successor of the Scirocco R-Cup. The Specs of both cars are nearly the same - the audi TT has a little more power.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Orisa

Orisa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2