New wheel: rotation refuses to match.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Just got my new wheel in and tried it in game.
    It's a Fanatec which you can set the steering angle in: proposal is to leave it at "auto".
    However: I can set it any way I like, it won't match.
    Saw the setting where you can let the inscreenwheel adjust itself to the setup of the car, but that doesn't help either.
    I really want to explain further, but I did so much in the last couple of hours with all the settings.....I can't exactly remember what happened when I did what :)

Then I figured: I can't be the only one having the game and this wheel....
    So, I thought I'd ask if someone knows about this and even has a solution to it?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Important things:
    1) Select to only show the in-game wheel, not wheel+hands, otherwise the in-game wheel won't rotate further than 180 (360?) degrees (but that's only visual thing, your front wheels will keep turning more and more even after that point).
    2) Select "Match setup" (this will make in-game wheel have the same steering range as what's on your car setup page).
    3) Keep steering linearity at 50%, that's linear.

But normally that should be enough, I'm quite sure the game can communicate with Fanatec software and tell it to set your wheel's steering range to what angle is in the game on the car setup page, so for example 540 for GT3 cars. If this doesn't happen, you can at least set steering range manually in the Fanatec software.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank yo Maskerader, I will try it out when I get home, good hopes here!