new wheel, what to go for?

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von M4IRC1IE, 6. Januar 2016.

1. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    If I remember correctly, the inversion kit is fairly simple and easy to install. I didn't have any issues with it and I prefer inverted pedals, even the T500 pedals I always ran them inverted. I've always felt that inverted pedals are easier to modulate and finesse, but that could be mental *shrugs*

2. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    That's why i regret that i sold them some years ago in new condition. Seems to me Fanatec skipped these pedals as well as the bundles they sold earlier.

3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I feel like with my current layout I'm not able to modulate and finesse them as much as I could be doing, and I find it rather difficult/clumsy to heel/toe (even though I do it every day in my real car) due to the throttle-to-brake positioning. But if I can configure them like this example it would make heel/toe much more natural feeling and less clumsy.

Edit: Just ordered them, should be here in a few days.

4-228x228.png

I has a sad for you, I would really miss my Elite's and feel terrible if I had to pay $300 for CSP's that were mostly similar to them. :(

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 7. Januar 2016
  4. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    With a quarter the quality...

5. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Also the T300 uses a brushless motor which should (hopefully) be more reliable and less prone to burnout than the brushed motor of the T500.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. marshma11ow8

marshma11ow8 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The Logitech g29/920 are pretty good
    I got my g920 for $370 Australian idk how many euros or dollars that is
    The wheel is quite good, feels a bit small tho compared to my car. The button placement is well thought out (except LSB and RSB)
    All the buttons work on PC but the R,LSB buttons don't work on console
    The force feedback is ok it's not overly strong it's good if you turn up your setting
    But that's where the helical gears ruin the wheel, when you turn up the strength you can hear the gears grinding a lot more (for some reason my friends g29 is louder too)

7. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thrustmaster t300 Ferrari integral alcantara edition is now ordered :-D

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Wow got that wheel now, drive with it is fantastic but now after one week it smells a Little Bit and in Game connection lost and reconnect and after that it feels broken. :-( can't use it now, have to resend it

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    :( Does it behave like that in all games or just R3E?

10. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    After that issue I can't use the wheel. It was centered motor blocked and no adjusting. After a few minutes I can adjust it at start and use it but there was a noisy thing inside the base. Okay tester but after few seconds blocked again. At this time I was only in r3e. Have to test more tomorrow, I'm at work now. But even when it works later, these noisy things inside the base aren't normal I think.

11. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    When you say "blocked" do you mean it's not turning? Other than the sound of the wheel turning (it does make a bit of a cogging sound) you shouldn't really hear anything noisy inside the base, so that sounds like something isn't right.

12. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Yeah blocked in The Center. U can turn The wheel but it felt like The rubberbelt is turning over The wheel step by step. After that when it worked a few seconds there is a noise like a Piece of metal inside The base klicking on The body sometimes

13. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'd say it's faulty.

14. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I would too. Hopefully i Can get a new one fast. Ordered it not directly from thrustmaster so I have to send it all back to the online shop probably.

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I had a g27 for years with no issues and updated to the g29 5 months ago as I liked all the extra buttons, I don't like keyboards for gaming. The g29 was fine for The first 4 months but then started doing funny things when using a lot if steering lock in game, it would trigger the buttons on the wheel to come on. Did it in all games and got worse. I returned it a couple of weeks ago for a refund. I didn't want a replacement I have read many stories of people having the same problem. I was briefly thinking about a t300 bit have read many horror stories about them breaking very easily and commonly. For a long time I hVe toyed with the t500 as I have read many good things about them and not a lot of bad. Have ordered the ferrari f1 wheel to go with it, will hopefully turn up this week. Fanatec has not been an option for me as here the wheelbase is 1000 bucks on its own.
    Hopefully the t500 will go okay as I believe thrustmasters quality is very hit and miss.

16. _Stu_

_Stu_ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I've had my T500 a couple of years now and it's never let me down yet so I would defo reccommend it!
    That said, I have replaced the cooling fan as even from new it was noisy.
    You would think when spending £350 (including the pedals I might add - bargain if you ask me) that Thrustmaster might spend and extra couple of quid and put a decent fan in.
    I've since heard they send you a replacement if you ask for it so not too bad.

Over time I've added the shifter and swapped the wheel for the GTE with the paddles attached to the wheel not the base and I couldn't be happier!
    Good luck with whatever you choose.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    It seems that the price of the G29 is falling.

Pricerunner UK

Screenshots_2016-01-18-20-00-01.png
    Price on Elgiganten Sweden 2500:- Screenshots_2016-01-18-20-03-06.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    As it should, that thing was quite a bit over priced IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec was over priced for me - I'm not looking to go full retard - YET :D.
    Thrustmaster was a huge step up from my Logitech DFGT.

chose the T300 due to it's smoother/quieter server motor. Don't worry about the ffb. I strained a wrist in an offtrack excursion. I had to turn down the ffb to 70%, especially with the F1 wheel. And I like very strong force feedback - until I hurt my wrist.

The T3PA Pro pedals (t500 pedals) were sold separately and that is a story unto itself :mad:
    Or customer service response to a piece falling out of the brake pedal assembly.

oh - solid mount the servo. The clamp isn't very good. my wheel slides left and right about 20 degrees during some steering inputs, which can cause problems if it happens mid corner. And I can't tighten the clamp anymore.

First thing I noticed was that I could catch snap oversteer now. The DFGT just didn't react fast enough.
    Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this setup.

• Like Like x 1
  20. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Having a new toy break is always extra disappointing :( Fingers crossed on getting a quick and flawless replacement.

My CSR Elite died a year ago about a month or so before the V2 release. I couldn't even pre-order the wheelbase let alone afford it :p

Went with the T500 instead and touchwood, so far it's been flawless.

• Like Like x 1