next patch/update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndEnt, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I won't (ain't allowed to) be the one telling you guys why, but this is not the reason the upcoming patch got postponed, that I can assure you of. A *lot* of work has been done in the past weeks and afaict all that work went into RR.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Maybe developpers can tell us that and peoples will be less nervous.. Just a lack of communication.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You mean like the dev stream that's been promised mentioned? ;) I'm sure they'd love to, but that takes time as well, time that, at this moment, is better spent ironing out the (few last) creases that are still there in the current state of development.
    @Georg Ortner commented here a couple pages ago, saying that once there is sth worth talking about (i.e. all the things they are planning to include are ready, stable and approved), they will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    for exemple...
    But i'm still quiet and i keep to support this game. I don't want to play to another racing game like AC or automobilista...
    I love r3e

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And everybody around here appreciates your guys patience.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/next-patch-update.6255/page-16#post-92313
    This comment makes it pretty obvious that things didn't go quite as planned, so this patch is definitely not to be seen as the norm or the way they want to handle these updates. But sometime stuff just doesn't go the way you wanted or expected it to, other stuff comes up while testing...

In the end I tend to make funny remarks and try to lighten the mood by looking at the bright side of things, Galgenhumor we say in German, cause after all the devs (and we) have to deal with the blows as they come flying in.
    But I'm still sure the wait will be worth it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys we are working on this but had a few issues so had to put the patch back a little, we have also added this n that and the next thing which appear to be working fine, its just this thats giving us a few issues, once it is working we will release the patch.

Would be nice to know what this is, and that and id really love to know what the next thing is.

Im hoping for one or two significant gameplay additions\improvements, a clue or two would be really nice.
    And you can let us know because the expectation has been here for two months now while people are waiting for a patch release, go on, let the people know what you are working on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Beginning to think that RR stands for rest & relaxation and tweaks to Spa equates to new scented candles in the hot tub room! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I want to give my word of support to the devs and testers. I believe that if the update isn't here yet, it isn't because they aren't working hard on it, on the contrary, I believe they are working hard to give us something solid.
    Remember that, to constantly have to say on what they are working would only slow things, as then people would start to ask for more and more details... I'd rather prefer if they work on what they need to do and only then say what they've managed to include on the update.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  9. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Respect to you! I am the same opinion as you ...

• Like Like x 2
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    it's always the same. people just can't be patient. The patch will come when it's ready, cars will come when they're ready, tracks will come when they're ready. It doesn't matter if devs talk to us about every detail, the things won't be ready faster. Just....be....f*cking...patient... I don't understand why it's such a big deal for some people to wait for it instead of whining every second day about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    There's that.
    On the other hand.....
    The more and more inappropriately named 'August' patch has been pushed more times than your average playground swing, and some of the new content has been teased since January.
    Now add to this the fact that a ) R3E isn't exactly cheap, b ) is online only and c ) the sudden rebirth of Simbin with no word on what (if anything) this may or may not mean with regards to R3E, and of course the natives are going to get restless.
    Patience is all very well, but there are limits to the amount of Zen you can expect people to produce.

• Agree Agree x 12
  12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG] Did someone say Zen?Here is the Zen Master...:D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Although we are all disappointed by patch not arriving yet , I think many of us need to remember like the majority of us we all have bosses to answer too ;) just today my boss told me to redo and change things in a house i am building :mad: so maybe your voices/complaints/wishes would be better directed at the boss/owner of RR ??
    As to Devs answering questions about this and that maybe somethings they can't even answer ?? We as beta tester try to help out or add little humour to the forums while keeping to NDA but one thing i can say is everyone is working very hard to bring you guys/girls a worthy patch for imo best racing game out there. So i would rather Devs stay busy fixing etc things that we as tester's and you as player's report:)
    What does RR stand for to me ? Relentlessly rewarding
    I would like to say i have made some great friends through this game so thankyou RR
    So it's the weekend enjoy a beer or 10 and all the fabulous content we already have in this great game

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Fine, get him on the phone (or the forum) and I'll be happy to direct my questions at him instead.
    But that doesn't really seem likely, does it?
    Like it or not, S3 is the public face of the weird corporate structure that includes Raceroom, S3, KW Automotive, SimBin and probably a few others.
    If your Windows has a glitch, you call customer-support. You're somewhat unlikely to get Bill Gates on the phone.

I completely agree that being middle-management sucks. Having to publicly defend decisions that you had no influence on, nor can divulge the reasons behind is not exactly an enviable position.
    And you have my sympathies.
    But that doesn't change my viewpoint as a consumer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Actually spoke with Bill the other day I asked when windows 11 is coming out he just said soon as it's ready ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Be careful, otherwise...:) :

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What's that he's holding in his hands there? Looks miraculous, I take five bottles. :D
    [​IMG]
    Raceroom Zenmaster Experience...

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, i just bought Automobilista and rfactor 2, what a sad looking p. o. s is rfactor 2 but Automobilista seems to really shine in many ways. Haven't played R3E since.
    Hopefully when/if this new update comes it will bring me back because before all these delays R3E was my one and only but I've already got as many hours in Automobilista now as R3E.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    While waiting for the Patch we could meanwhile do some knittings.
    Mabye some of the results get into R3E as Class "XX"... :D

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    wait for a larger patch with new car´s or track`s does not bother me.
    the uncertainty as to the future is my worry

we lose R3E? :(:eek:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016