Problem No force feedback at max steering lock

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by DatBoi, Aug 13, 2023.

1. DatBoi

DatBoi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    I have a Moza R5 and find that at max steering lock it kind of 'clicks' into a spot with no force feedback. The steering lock is still there, but all force feedback from the road and car is gone. Force feedback returns to normal when I slightly turn the wheel back to the center.

This is super annoying on high FF intensity setting. You're driving fast around a tight turn with strong FF pulling the wheel to the center, then you hit max steering lock and lose all FF, then turn the wheel slightly in and the FF returns and jolts the wheel.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't have this issue on rFactor at all.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  2. DatBoi

DatBoi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I fixed this by changing vendorSpecificRangeLock from false to true in Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml

<key type="uint32">275566</key> <!-- MOZA R5 Base -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">true</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    <alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">true</alwaysCreateEffects>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">true</supportsSpringEffect>
    <supportsDamperEffect type="bool">true</supportsDamperEffect>
    </value>

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Now your steering range won't change automatically and you would need to do it manually (if you care about that). On the plus side, you'll have correct steering lock for cars instead of 13 degrees for all of them.

4. DatBoi

DatBoi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea well it was unplayable with it set to false. I can manually change the settings in Moza Pit House in a few seconds so it's fine, really enjoying the game now!

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    But why? Normally you shouldn't be on your max steering angle. Unless you need to turn around after a spin or drive through a particularly twisty pitlane. Even if you stay on 13 degrees steering lock (which is too low for almost all cars) it should be enough for all tracks except Macau.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
  6. DatBoi

DatBoi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You just answered your own question, recovering after a spin, exiting the garage or very twisty sections.