Off-topic question to you triple-screen users

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by r-r-public, Dec 27, 2015.

1. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Hello community.

I often watch R3E-footage on YouTube and of course there are some triple-screen users at times. I'm not, I prefer one big screen. But I always ask myself, does it not bother you guys that your image is cut two times because of the monitor frames? Doesn't this fact kill the immersion quiet a bit?

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    It bothered me for about an hour then I got used to it and now is a non issue. I'd much rather have the expanded real estate than just a single screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Same here.
    Besides, it's no different than having cockpit-struts, or a roll-cage in the way.
    You get used to it, and the added peripheral vision is well worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, I had a single 32inch TV, then went triples. The bezels are pretty thick @12mm so yeah there was a black strut in my vision, but as the guys above have said you just don't notice them after a while, the fact your looking into the screen, so to speak, when racing distracts from the screens bezels, also, you get so focused on the track or car in front that your mind tricks you so you just don't see the bezels on the screens.

I couldn't race with a single screen now, just feels weird.

5. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    One cut typically maps well to the window frame. The other I don't recognize as much, however I use shallow angles (20-30 degrees) and low fov. With 45 degree angle the mid windshield perspective change bothered me too much. Some cars work better than others when it comes to seeing the mirrors...
    On open wheelers it works very well :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Triples with a shallow angle works for me. It helps with immersion and just seeing more of the track which may include: apexes, spun-out cars, etc. It doesn't help as much with side-by-side racing as you may still have to glance if they're at your quarter panel.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=491724727

7. Spanner_76

Spanner_76 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I find that your staring into the middle screen anyway, to see the track coming up and those infront of you. The others screens help me with periheral vision, and a greater sense of the car movement around me giving greater immersion.

Sadly very few games actually support triples properly. Iracing and AC are the only ones i can think of!