App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    and this

Attached Files:

2. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It's ok, he's talking to me now and calling me Jim but he struggles to understand me lol. I'm running windows 10, do I need do download all that speech recognition malarkey?

3. Porsche

Porsche New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes you do. Love this tool. keep it up....

4. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I know I keep saying I will, but I *will* do it. Full of cold at the moment and very busy but I'll squeeze it in - this week I think

6. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thx ! I just bought you a beer for that :)

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks :). There's a lot of changes to come with the app thanks to The Iron Wolf's work with rfactor 2. It needs a big batch of new sounds and rules for things like oval racing. So adding driver names will be part of that - there's a backlog of 200+ last time I checked, plus names for the awesome new raceroom content coming soon.

Adding personalisations is a bit harder because all the foul language can only be recorded when the kids are at school

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I created these in some down time at work, feel free to use (or not) if any make the cut to use as a non .net icon for the app

icon1

Icon2

Icon3

Use if you want, I figured if I'm gonna keep bugging you about it the least I could do is supply a couple files (these are original, not copied from anywhere)....But no feelings will be hurt if not used!

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for those. I *do* include an icon with the app, but InstallShield is such a piece of crap that it only bothers to package it properly like every 10th build or something :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Ah...Got it! That makes sense....Thanks for the info.

11. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I suddenly realised that the chief is using only my left front speaker. But occasionally he is coming through the center speaker. Is there any way to control what speaker he uses?

I have an Asus Xonar 5.1 USB-sound card.

12. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    there's a driver's name update !?! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Do you get the same issue while listening to youtube, or only CC is affected?
    I do not think Crew Chief controls which channel output goes. However, as I own Xonar STX, I know people complain about ASUS drivers all the time (especially, multichannel->stereo and vice versa mapping). If you don't use latest driver, make sure you do, and turn off as many ASUS features as you can (especially Game, GX and Dolby). In worst case, you cold fallback to 2 channel stereo.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  14. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    thx !!!!

15. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks for this App it's very good and especially handy for VR, I was having trouble with the Rift Microphone so started using my webcams instead and that made it better. It's still missing some commands though and I have run the Speech Recognition tutorial to help Windows better understand me, I've found talking loudly helps even though I have the mic turned up to 100! Incidentally I have sounds through the headphones so there is no background noise, maybe I just don't speak clearly enough yet :p

16. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    After the Pcars and Assetto Corsa forum, again many thanks mr_belowski for this great app. It's highly recommend for any simracer and a must have for simracers in VR.

I really can't race without crewchief any more. With crewchief it feels like i'm not racing alone, without it the races feel empty.

I did some beta testing in Pcars2 the other day and this clearly shows how much crewchief will be needed when the game is released.

I made a donation for the second time, have a beer on me mate :)

17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    How do you get your name in it?

18. Schlupi

Schlupi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski Could I possibly request a "Voice Clip" please? From watching the (V8)Supercars series one I hear every race is "Eyes Forward" shortly after passing someone, if you could add that it'd be amazing, thanks :)

Incidentally I have a list I drew up for ISI years ago (they were doing a Crew Chief of their own but it never saw the light of day), so if you would like more suggestions just shout :)

20. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My German Name in English - Junky :p