physics update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jynn, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Did the physics update apply to just the GTR3 class, or blancpain 2014 and 2013 too? Done some test -driving and they feel the same to me (in a good way, I love the maclaren especially).

In the dtm's there is a clear difference between 2015 and 2013 with the 2013's still feeling very back floaty. What's weird is that the procar was supposed to have had an update, but the back end also feels like it's on a cushion of air.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The physics update was applied to all gt3 cars so the GTM '13, '14, and GTR3 cars are all running the new physics. From what I understand the DTM 2015 cars are much more pointy and don't float as much as the older versions but I don't have first hand experience. You might be able to test drive them to see for yourself. I also have to agree with you on the procar. The rear seems to have a mind of its own although it doesn't bother me as much the more I drove it.

3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I like the new heavy Procar, don't feel any floatynes in that car.
    The DTM 13 and 14 though along with some other non updated cars feels floaty to me, especially now when the newly updated cars are so great.
    DTM 15 and the GT3's feels awesome!

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i really like the procar not floaty just tail happy

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I've seen several people mention this, but has there ever been any confirmation from the devs that this is true? I've not seen them confirm it, but I may have missed it. I just go by the change-log which only says GTR3 has been updated.

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    There was a confirmation a while back but I've no idea where to look. And its pretty obvious that the physics have changed when you drive the cars. That is, when the servers are up and you *can* drive the cars

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    This is where I got that info from:

Edit: It is mentioned around 38 minutes in

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    As far as i know and what i feel (unless there are another update in last 2 weeks) physic update is not applied to ADAC packs. If you drive gtr3 car and than the same car from ADAC pack you can clearly feel the difference.
    And you can also feel how terrible (unplayable for me) it was before update. Now gtr3 are great

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    GTR3 and the ADAC-Experiences are definitely sharing the same physics. Maybe you need to reset your car-setups?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Default setups... could be that they updated adac physics later ... But after that physic update and at least one week after it was definitely not that case...that is why I had to buy selected gt3 cars eventhough i have adac... There should be discussion about that, here or on RD forums

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Whether you have to buy a car twice is not tied to the physics model.
    Usually, if you own a car in ADAC and the same model of that car is used in GTR3 class you only have to pay for the additional livery, usually 75 vRP I think.

Which car(s) do you mean exactly and how much did you have to pay?

12. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Ive tried all of them but in direct comparison i focused on audi and sls.. And indeed i paid 75 as I own adac.. And i shall correct myself ffb/feeling was different.. But as i understand the improvement (i call it fix) in ffb was caused by physics changes ..

Even changelog says that .. GTR3 class was updated, not GT3 cars in general .. And you can (or could 3 weeks ago really feel how big improvement it was).. When i asked about it, i was told by community that adac should be updated later
    Of course I could be wrong, it is just what i get by comparing those two classes.. I'll do some testing tomorrow

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  13. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    It would be good to have an official overview of where s3s still wants to go over the car physics again, and where not. Like Physics versions per class or such. Just to know where to expect changes and where not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, so the purchasing went as intended, no error there.

And you're right, these are the classes that received the 20/10/2015 physics update:

Aquila CR 1 Sports GT

Silhouette Class

BMW M1 Procar

GTR3 Class

And of course everything that will be released from now on will feature the new physics (DTM 2015, ADAC 2015 and so on).

15. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    So, the ADAC '13 and '14 have not received the new physics yet?

16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ok @J-F Chardon can you please clarify this is not clear to anyone.

Im pretty sure they have because of what im doing in the setup menu to improve my speed and also how they were broken unless you reset the setup after the physics update. (due to the new gearing or somthing)

17. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    The adac have the same pyhsik. Drive the sam car in all classes in leaderboard and in the replays is only the fastes lap. And you set in gtr3 class and look at on of the adac classes. The same setup

18. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure they changed all the base setups in cars, even if they didn't get the physics update.

Do you have proof or is this just an assumption?

I try to follow everything on here, watch the dev streams, and read the devs posts, and I just haven't seen a dev confirm that the ADAC cars got the physics update (that doesn't mean they didn't confirm it, just that I haven't seen it). I see this discussion a lot, would be nice to know from a dev once and for all.

19. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I have test it after the update. But just drive i only the gtr3 class. I dont like the liverys of adac gt masters ;)o_O

20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Both the GTR3 and ADAC cars feels the same to me, if it's all in the set ups? I don't know..