Please the M1 why is it so bad....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loki-D, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yup, and this is Procar and not even group 4. According to Alex these were lighter and had more power but still used the same type of tyres.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    no we do know , we had someone in chat who raced and races them , and he said ours was good but maybe didnt understeer enough , but he said are braking was right , we spent a while racing the M1 group 4 around monza...

Andi

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody. I also have a question about the group 4 cars. Was or is it possible to adjust the steering lock on the vehicles in the RL? If not, is the standard value that corresponds to the RL steering lock? If so, why is there an option to adjust it? We want it to be as real as possible ..

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Not every steering wheel has the flexibility of 900 or even 1080 degrees of rotation. Some are not even FFB and are fixed to something like 270 or maybe 360 degrees. And if you can't adjust the steering lock according to such limitations, some cars will become undriveable because the steering gets hyper-sensitive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson I would say: Winner, Winner, Chickendinner. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I have to bring this topic back up, as intrigued by it I started a SP M1 fullfield championships, and after 7 races I have to say.... I <explicit> love this car :D

I don't know how sector3 does it, but for me, they are the best when it comes to car body inertia, and the ability to transfer the feel of this inertia back to the player (thanks to this even the low powered Porsche 911 964 is soo much fun). You always feel where the weight is, where it is going, and you can really play with the pedals to get the grip where you want it. And you can react on the car stepping out before it reaches the critical point.
    And once you spend some time with this car, and learn how it reacts, and how to "listen" to it, then it turns into a stable, little understeery, fun to drive car, than can be lapped fairly consistently without that much of a problem.

Like, comming into the bus stop in Spa I often didn't had the rear settled down before I started braking, and I could really feel, and counteract the tendencies of the rear to step out, just by managing brake pressure and countersteering. The M1 will behave, where the 934 would kill you instantly.

Similary on exit, you can really use the throttle to help turn out of the corner, and the car tolerates a lot when it comes to acceleration. Like 90+ degrees countersteer with full throttle can be done without any issues with this car.

The only thing this car really doesn't like are fast corners, like pouhon in spa. If you attack a fast corner too fast in a modern car, it will regulary understeer, which you can fight in some cars, in some sims, and basically gain some time by overdriving. This thing will turn in, then slide lateraly right out of the corner, loosing all forward momentum. These tyres don't like lateral abuse :D So if you try to overdrive this car, you will have a bad time :D

But what is great is that you can really see the AI struggling with this as well, and their speed in this corners are pretty much the same as yours. So great job on the AI. In general, the AI was great throughout the whole championship, and it really felt they are driving the same car, braking roughly where I did, and accelerating at similar pace. And battling the whole time :D

Overall, one of the best experience in a sim, in a long time. So job well done Sector 3 :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hmm physics and tyre model update . Really interested to try that

8. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Gonna stand by my original statement this car was not great before!

With the new physics and tm feels more like a car not a boat. Somethings changed and I like it

Now you have to watch your down changing!

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  9. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Looking at this video, they seem to brake as early and gentle as the M1 needs it in R3E.
    I think it is very well done. Of course popularity of the car ingame could rise with a bit more grip...but it would not be "get real" then, wouldn't it?

And aside from that...we NEEEEEEEEED the Monaco track in R3E!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    That's some cracking footage.

11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    0:43 I love how that #41 car loses control, slams into the metal barrier and then just turns around and continues racing :D

12. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    HMMM, the M1 was developed in 1979. That's 13 years before the 92 DTM, and your confused because the 92's are easier to drive?
    When S3E updated the physics to better reflect the handling and physics of it's era, I was bummed as well. It was and still is one of my favorite cars in this game. But I had to completely rethink how I drove it. With time and patients (the patients was with myself) I was able to learn it's new behavior and nuances and came to love it again.
    So instead of blaming the car, try looking at the pilot. That's what I had to do.

• Agree Agree x 1