Raceroom Experience Fan Boost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ocaso Dorado, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Matter of pride or selfishness? Anyways is a point of view, I don't have experience on logistics, would be nice also to hear the point of view of the Developers, otherwise I would consider it as not relevant.

Plase keep comment!

2. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    What is exactly? :confused:

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I don't think they will comment this. If they wanted to crowd-fund, they would have done it already, probably a long time ago. Raceroom and S3S are owned by Klaus Wohlfarth, the owner of KW suspensions, a rather wealthy individual, so I guess money isn't their biggest issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I certainly wasn't trying to poo-poo on your idea, any suggestions aimed at helping S3S to continue improving R3E is a-ok in my book. It was just my personal point of view that I already contribute way more financially to R3E than any other sim and hopefully that's enough to help them meet their goals. That being said, if there was a crowdfunding campaign for R3E I'm sure I'd still end up tossing 5 or 10 bucks their way because I think they're a great team and would love to buy them all a round of pints as a thank you for their efforts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Is that so...

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Is what so?

Plenty of people - myself included - have spent two, three or four times the amount on R3E compared to other sims like SCE or AC. It's not a cheap game although I'm sure most of us don't regret what we have spent and get great value from R3E. Regardless, any crowdfunding campaign or call for donations would not be well received by the sim racing community. The Reiza situation is a lot different. As @Christian Göpfert explained, R3E is funded differently and crowdfunding wouldn't solve the problems faced by Sector3.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Now, I don't exactly know what this comment supposedly means here, there is perhaps something lost in translation here, but I can't help being a little bit baffled by your comments overall in this thread.

You are suggesting (or at least want some discussion) about people crowd funding R3E in addition to content purchases. Then you are hinting that R3E customers that aren't perhaps willing to do this are not real fans but cheapskates. On that same post you said:
    So, you are expecting people who have for example purchased every single item of the game to this day to throw in more money, that is supporting the game more than you have done to this moment yourself, as I understand you don't own every piece of content. And these people that have spent more money than you on the game and are not willing to go with crowd funding route are then somehow cheapskates and not true fans? Why don't you go and help R3E folks at first by purchasing every piece of content in the store like many of us have done and perhaps after that there is more fruitful basis for this discussion.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  8. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I will be willing to invest a lot of money for the excellent work Sector3 and accelerate the work, but it has to be for their work, not for the rich owners that are KW Automotive. RaceRoom is the best simulation of the moment, and has enormous potential.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Je serai prêt à investir beaucoup d'argent pour l'excellent travail de Sector3 et accélérer le travail, mais il faut que ce soit pour leur travail, pas pour les riches propriétaires que sont KW Automotive. RaceRoom est la meilleur simulation du moment, et a un énorme potentiel.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Never! What else am I supposed to do with all that hot air? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I know other people might not know what you mean, but I do, and I dont agree with using that phrase, you basically threw all your arguments under the bus to Insult the rest of us.

In short, people are free to spend as much as they want. this game has alot of content so people have alot of options to spend on. with new content coming at a constant rate, I do not believe they are in danger of failing. while I do believe that a "buy a beer" option would be nice, I dont feel its needed for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I won't comment!
    But, hot air to hot chair.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys my intention was not to offend anyone or making fun either, I just can't reply eveyone so before "is that so" wanted to be short... and not extend too much on same thing... OK you probably know too much and that's what I wanted to know... However ... "is that so" means: all reduce to <we pay for what it is>. Period

13. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm not fan of all race classes but I do enjoy so much this game... That doesn't mean I got the content I am interested in and it's over, if I could apport some more... or that everyone that got all content and that's over when can contribuite some more to make improve this game... Ok let's leave it that way, don't wanna make a problem.

14. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    If what it's causing the delay on all what should have been done or released by now or long ago, is not matter of money or talent... I think the team is just too lazy to work hard.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    See? You've just proven my point, and without even having donated anything. Imagine some peoples attitudes if they had donated something and things wouldn't progress the way or as fast as they'd like....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Terrific! I see

17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    So where do you think you went wrong here?

:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    BTW... you're very selfish just pretend: If I purchased the content for somone I wouldn't do much... as if my proposal was taken and more content were free for everyone ( is just an example)

19. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    No worries mate, I think some things just got lost in translation. I think all of us like the idea of supporting S3S and furthering the development of R3E, and that's what you were trying to suggest. The thought of pouring even more money into this sim just ruffled some feathers as it's already a bit expensive (but worth it).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ocaso Dorado

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    what else can be?