Problem REMOVE 3RD PERSON CAMERA BOUNCE TURNING IMMEDIATELY!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Spyd3rByt3, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Spyd3rByt3

Spyd3rByt3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is making me incredibly angry and wanting to VOMIT. its making me ill! I cannot control the car!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This won't happen immediately, that's for sure...

There are two ways I know of, to adjust chase camera behavior, but both are limited in how much you can adjust it, so it might not be enough for you. It that case, I can only think of changing hood or bumper camera to move it behind the car, but then the sound will still be the one from cockpit/hood/bumper camera and not the one from chase camera (they sound differently).

--------
    Chase camera behavior.

Option 1: "Chase camera: tension" settings. But their range of values is limited, so you won't get a "fixed" camera behavior. They also seem to adjust in small increments and without any feedback on the screen, so just press and hold the button for some time to reach the maximum or minimum value.
    upload_2023-7-24_14-30-36.png
    These settings are stored on a per-car basis, so you need to do it for every new car you drive. They are stored in .uvm files here: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\
    This is how it can look in the files, possible range is from 4.0 (camera swings a lot) to 12.0 (camera swings much less), default is 8.0:

Option 2: Editing camera files. They are stored here: Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\
    Go into your car's folder, find swingman_mid.xml file and edit it with a text editor, like Notepad. You're looking for this line:
    Code:
    <orientationSpeed type="Vector">{6.5000000 8.00000 0.00000000}</orientationSpeed>
    First value is vertical movement (on bumps for example).
    Second value is side-to-side rotation (similar to Chase camera tension, or maybe even exactly the same thing).
    The higher the value the "tighter" the camera behaves. Although the upper range for second value seems to also be 12. Putting anything above 12, even 1000000, will still result in the same behavior as at 12.

You can edit these files while the game is running, but in order to see any changes in the game, you need to restart you driving session. Backup original files just in case.

---
    Moving nose/bumper camera.

This folder: Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\
    Go to your car's folder, find nose_pivot.xml if you want to edit hood camera, or hood_pivot.xml for bumper camera.
    Open the file with any text editor and look for this section:
    These are the values that you want to change:
    "Height" is how high the camera is above the ground (roughly in meters). "Distance" is how far the camera is behind the car (roughly in meters). "Angle" is how much you want to pitch the camera down, so that it doesn't look directly straight to the horizon (chase camera is pitched a bit downwards). Notice that "angle" is two places, put the same number in both of them. (NB: Technically, you also need to slightly, by 1-2%, reduce 1.000000 values in the second and third rows (I marked these values in grey) depending on the angle, but that's more complicated and you likely won't notice it anyway when you use reasonable angles for camera pitch.)

Again, you can edit these files while the game is running, but in order to see any changes in the game, you need to restart you driving session. And also backup original files just in case.

So this, for example, how it might look:
    Although that might be way too far behind the car. Experiment with height (red) and distance (green) numbers to put camera where you like it. For example, 1.9 for height and 5.0 for distance. Might also need to adjust the angle slightly.

-----
    This will also depend on what FOV you want to use, the lower the FOV, the more backward you want to move the camera. For now, you can only change FOV for chase/bumper/hood camera through this file: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options.xml
    Again, open with a text editor, look for this line:
    This is multiplier to default vFOV that is about 60 degrees. Decrease this multiplier to make FOV narrower, increase it to make FOV wider.

Contrary to camera files, this change should be done while the game isn't running. Otherwise the game would simply revert your change automatically and you'd need to do it again.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Lol, should make this post into a guide or something... :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1