Results files feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShortyBuzzGER, Apr 10, 2023.

1. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    So with the last update we got new results files, now for all sessions, all seperate and in json format.
    I looked briefly through them and wanted to give some feedback already :D

PRACTICE
    1. I did a single player practice session ( not "race day practice" but the menu option "practice") with a few AI and just let them do a few laps to see their laptimes. I let them basically run for 5 laps (while raceroom was in the background) and then quit the session. The results file now says that the AI ran 1106 (!) laps while every lap from 6 onwards is like this:
    Code:
    "number": 5,
    "startetms": 0,
    "laptimems": -1
    While at the end saying the total racetime was: "racetimems": 94039816
    Maybe that was caused due to R3E being in the background?

2. I did a ranked Mazda MX-5 AM race. Looking through the file I saw one instance where a driver did 5 laps, which all were invalid ("laptimems": -1) but it still said "bestlaptimems": 100146 at the end.
    How is that possible?
    Code:
    "laps": [
            {
              "number": 0,
            },
            {
              "number": 1,
            },
            {
              "number": 2,
            },
            {
              "number": 3,
            },
            {
              "number": 4,
            }
          ],
    "qualtimems": -1,
    "bestlaptimems": 100146,
    "racetimems": -1,
    "place": 6

My guess is: I joined late in practice, maybe 5 minutes left in the session. Maybe the file didn't get all the info from before I joined and just said everything was invalid but he set a valid time before I joined the server.

QUALIFYING
    Here I have 2 different experiences.
    In said Mazda ranked race the "place" parameter for all drivers had the wrong values. The diference has no pattern. I finished 4th while the results file says 2nd. The real 2nd finished 18th according to the file.

On the other hand there is the KTM GTX / GT 4 ranked race I did the same evening. In this results file all places are correctly written.

Both races have a closed qualifying (flying lap) so shouldn't be a problem in this regard.

RACE
    In said Mazda ranked race I also encountered a problem with the race distance driven. The track was Laguna Seca which has a length of "tracklengthcm": 358554.
    Now a driver who finished the race, it were 10 laps, should now actually have a lentgh round about 10 times the tracklength. He actually had: "lapdistancetravelledcm": 877. That are just 8 meters!
    Half his laps were invalid, but still distances were recorded.
    Code:
    "name": "istvan nagy",
    "userid": 6285590,
    "country": "hungary",
    "vehicle": "mazda mx-5 cup 2019 nd2",
    "team": "mazda motorsports",
    "penaltykg": 0,
    "totallaps": 10,
    "lapdistancetravelledcm": 877,
    "laps": [
            {
              "number": 0,
              "laptimems": 111004
            },
            {
              "number": 1,
              "startetms": 72532,
              "laptimems": 99605
            },
            {
              "number": 2,
              "startetms": 183537,
              "laptimems": 99059
            },
            {
              "number": 3,
              "startetms": 283142,
            },
            {
              "number": 4,
              "startetms": 382201,
              "laptimems": 98551
            },
            {
              "number": 5,
              "startetms": 481048,
              "laptimems": 98169
            },
            {
              "number": 6,
              "startetms": 579598,
            },
            {
              "number": 7,
              "startetms": 677768,
            },
            {
              "number": 8,
              "startetms": 777213,
            },
            {
              "number": 9,
              "startetms": 876559,
            }
          ],
    "qualtimems": -1,
    "bestlaptimems": 98169,
    "racetimems": 1014018,
    "place": 8

As I said, he finished the race, no DQ or DNF. This happened to a few others as well.
    Or am I misunderstanding the parameter lapdistancetravelledcm? I now looed a bit further and seems like the highest number i could find was actually near the "tracklengthcm" value. Why would that be?

REPLAYS
    When watching replays a results file is written as well. That in my eyes is a bit unnecessary. Especially as the information are a bit screwed (i didn't watch a full replay, just a few minutes, then leave). Like the country is wrong for nearly every user and userid is always -1. I don't know if the data is correct when the replay is watched to the end. But right now I don't see much of a gain here.

OTHER
    What is "qualtimems": for? In all files I have looked through so far it was always set to -1 for everyone in every session.

Might the info of incident points be worth adding? That is visable on the ranked races tab on the profil as well.

How about a parameter for if a driver has finished the race or had a DNF or even a DQ? Maybe something like a word "finished", "dnf" or maybe a value to that? 0 for finished, 1 for dnf and so on.

Other than that it really looks much better than the "mess" we had so far with the raceresults.txt. Hopefully we will get someone to do a little program like Pixeljetstream's Custom Championship tool or maybe he even updates his :D

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    In the setup screen you can see all your laptimes, even invalid (or at least you could in the past). Maybe it's one of those laps.

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    You still can but i think shortys explanation is more likely. When you join during practice and look at the standings youll see every drivers best lap time of the session and the number of laps theyve done. But if you then want to look at all the lap times a driver has done in that session youll only find invalid laps with no info on sector times or total lap time. Only laps that are done after youve joined the server will show properly. Seems like that same behaviour just transfers to the results files
    Edit: just read that shorty joined with like 5 minutes to go. If said driver from there on was in the pits or only did invalid laps this explanation still works, otherwise its out the window :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    It wil be great if it wil be saved in a json file instead a txt filt (json format), just like in the dedicated server when you run one by yourself
    A json file could be easely read in, for example, simresults.net

5. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    More feedback:

When there are 2 races the first text-file only has a header and no other information. Only the second race file does contain information about the second race. so race 1 is lost.
    Only did this so far in multiplayer files. Didn't test this with singleplayer double races.

Only data from race1-file:
    Code:
    {"header":{"game":"raceroom racing experience","version":"0.9.4.71","time":"2023/04/30 21:26:24"},"event":{"track":"dubai autodrome","layout":"international circuit","tracklengthcm":432083},"drivers":[]}

Last edited: May 3, 2023