Review on todays LIVE stream :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maciejptx, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK the bl_850 is the Mini that once was used in a competition. If you look around your RRRE folders you will still find folders and files of the bl_850.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    <optimistic_guess_mode>Most car-list-assumptions were made about the ADAC GT Masters 2014 Ruf. So I guess your post refers to this. If this is the case and the Ruf is just a placeholder for another car, I'm further guessing that this car must be a "real" Porsche. And the reason I'm guessing this is that the only cars missing in the ADAC GT Masters 2014 Experience are the Lambo and the Porsche. And a Ruf seems to be a better placeholder for a Porsche than it would be for a Lambo.</optimistic_guess_mode>

Of course I don't expect a confirmation for my guesswork...just let me dream... ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea what all this means. Might as well be in Icelandic...o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Winpoks

Winpoks Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It's very good if it work like you explain. :D

5. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    It means that the server is configured using a web menu that can be reached by using only a web browser. The dediated servers for GTR2 or Race07 for example could only be started and configured by a program running on Windows with a Windows GUI. So you had to connect to the server using some kind of remote desktop solution, which is inconvenient and not bandwidth-friendly.

I guess the new solution will be some kind of Windows service that runs a webserver giving you access to the web menu you could see in the dev stream. And depending on what you configure from this web menu the service will start the game server. So once this service is running you will not need to connect to the server machine as such, but only call up the web menu it provides and administer the server from there.

Furthermore the server will be made to easily communicate with third party tools to e.g. manage your online league.

Please mape, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing there's no point in asking (at the moment) which are the placeholders and which are the real ones? ;)

Thanks for getting the stream on YouTube quickly. Just had a quick watch:

- Very well presented, slick and concise and all the video content looked very good.

- Looking forward to the new transmission model.

- Nice to see Anthony on screen! Hopefully you can convince one or two of the other more shy members on at some point!

- Really enjoyed seeing the textures and buildings for Spa - shows a lot of progress from the last stream. Was good to feature a lot of the new tracks actually, a lot of details worth watching for.

- Will have a closer look at the dedicated server interface when I get a chance, but on first glance it looks much better than any other I've used, so looking forward to it.

- Single player championships is a god-send. You asked for feedback, so perhaps you could include some preset championships for existing packs, especially beneficial if moving away from the Experience model (which would be nice!)

- GTR2 class: I'm looking forward to the Cadillac but I have one major concern for my personal immersion here (probably applies to all modern classes). I very much appreciated how the cars were presented before; there were a mix of 1- and 2-car teams, works liveries and privateers and they had a consistent number plate design across the class. With the new approach, which seems to be as many real liveries ad possible, it looks like there'll be no choice but to run against 6 works Corvettes, each with marginally different liveries and different number plates from different series. Unless there is some way to filter these in future, it will take away something for me. Also, would like to see a couple of the RUF teams that ran two cars doing so in game too, such as Flying Lizards. I know these are my personal opinions/concerns and many may not care, but I wanted to put it down in writing.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  7. Popolac

Popolac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm still fairly new to this game, but it's absolutely been a blast so far. Keep up the great work, guys! Special thanks to Anthony the sound guru for the audio that is already excellent, and I'm sure will become even better. Half the reason I'm playing the game is the amazing sounds coming from the cars!

8. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the dev stream. I really appreciate that you give us first-hand infos, teasers for new content and all that in great manner, I mean no marketing speech just a chilling informative conversation.

There were so much infos I didn't even expected to get. The pics of the new tracks look amazing, the SP championship option is great and the lap round Sonoma with Tom was cool... I like that guy a lot!

And I have to say, I always thought Anthony is a hero... now I'm sure he must be a god!
    No, seriously these new sounds are the best I've ever heard in a sim...

The dedicated server tool looks great, also. Seems to be really user friendly and at first glance it seems to have all the options needed, but I think there will be guys here at the forum that are more experienced than me, that will give you some constructive criticism and suggestions.

It was also nice to hear the hints at the end of the stream, regarding new features in terms of physics and so on. I hope you inform us further with this kind of dev streams in the future, it's a greatly welcome format.

So, please keep up the awesome work and I'm looking forward to a great R3E-2015-year...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't able to watch the stream yesterday, so I just watched it.
    Great stream! :)
    But it was something I missed:
    WHAT ABOUT TOURING CLASSICS AND G5 CLASSIC UPDATE?????..... . o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Maybe in the next stream ;)

11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Will I have to wait that long!!.. :fearscream::confounded::unamused::disappointed::weary::cry::sob::sob::sob:

• Agree Agree x 1