Same old AI dilemma reappears with the worst

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nedimmb, Dec 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    As again, a new update arrives and the AIs this time are so butchered into the worst state ever. Prior to this big "update", I had a specatular time, bein able to race the AIs at 110+ % difficulty level and also being able to improve my pace a lot more and more. But now with this new "update", it has been so totaled. Now I can't even keep up with the AIs at for example Watkins Glen International with chicanes. At 100 % difficulty, they produce blistering pace at an average 1:44 time!!!! And they also float through turn 5. I tried again to turn down the difficulty to 95 but yet more problems where uncovered: The fieldspread is enourmous now and some AIs still make 1:45s which rarely happened prior to this update even on difficulty 100 %. Seriously now, am I supposed to give up now? Am I now lacking talent? I used to adore so much this game but I now am losing myself and my love to race these AIs. Also all the glorious time I had with this sim, is now tarnished...

I am so speechless but up to you to fix this... and oh just to clarify, it was the GT3R class I was trying

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Because tyres changed on all cars, AI needs a lot of adjustment from developers. They need reports like yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You are right, too.

4. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    AI should've been tested before release I would have thought?

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    from the changelog

Changelog:

• New Content – DTM 2023 car pack with the Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO II, the BMW M4 GT3, the Ferrari 296 GT3, the Mercedes-AMG GT3 and the Porsche 911 GT3 R (992).
    • Tyre model – applied to all cars. All leaderboards are wiped clean in this update.
      Note: Default car setups have been adapted to the new tyres for most car classes, however, this work is still in progress and we will continue updating with small adjustments as we go along.
      Note (2): A.I. has to learn to handle the new tyre and this learning process is still in progress for some car classes, it will be improved in future hotfix updates.
    Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.