Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    A new version is out. This one has been in works for some time, and took in the end much more time than anticipated.

The app is now able to do brief summary / check on the mundane telemetry stuff, like brake and tyre temperatures, so you can easily check if you need to change tyre pressures, or brake ducts. More stuff for this area is planned (like gear checks, bottoming out... etc).

I've also tried to provide some explanation why particular things are pinpointed, so its easy to use for newer players (or players not som familiar with this stuff). :)

https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/wikis/Car-Setup-Checks

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ales

Ales New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, Happy new year 2022, please i have question, i use rfactor2 and when i sign to open practice i dont see times, which was drive previously ... its ok or not

Thanks Ales

3. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Happy new year to you too ;)
    Yes, that is normal. The app doesn't preserve data between session. The only thing saved is overall track record.

4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Niko Schrenker

Niko Schrenker Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    unfortunately, the app doesn't appear to save reports anymore, i checked "export" and "auto open" for practice and after driving more than 10 laps there is nothing at all. what am I doing wrong?

6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Could you please upload the log file, there is a log button in the settings so I can see if there is anything going wrong.

7. Niko Schrenker

Niko Schrenker Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    okay, thanks in advance

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
  8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Looks like something is preventing the app to create the report file: C:\Users\nschr\OneDrive\R3E\Reports SecMon\Reports\2022-01-21T20-57-36_R3E_GTE_Road America_Practice.xlsx ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\nschr\OneDrive\R3E\Reports SecMon\Reports\2022-01-21T20-57-36_R3E_GTE_Road America_Practice.xlsx

As other file to similar location are created fine, I would guess it is an overzealous AV, that doesn't like that the app is creating xlsx files...

On another topic, a new version is out, with some Telemetry viewer love...
    It is not possible to quick filter laps in telemetry viewer, as well as to define order and group files by driver. It is now also possible to store all laps for non-player cars :)
    TelemetryViewer_dhAKpCkXy8.png

Hopefully the update will download fine, becaue I've had some hiccpups when trying to create the onedrive link...:-/

• Like Like x 1
  9. Niko Schrenker

Niko Schrenker Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I found out that the folder was set read-only. Seems to work now

10. Longo239

Longo239 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Malwarebytes has reported the manageplugins.exe in my Second Monitor directory as MachineLearning/Anomalous.100% malware. Is this a false positive?

EDIT: After a bit of searching and trawling back through this thread, I'm aware that it's legit and I will report it as such to MalwareBytes.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  11. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Reiza Studios currently updates the Shared Memory API fom v9 to v10 for Automobilista 2.
    The Beta version has the new version already: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-beta-v1-3-3-0-now-up.23132/page-8#post-171164 (I think the link works only if you are member for Beta testing) After many requests since pcars2 we finally get inner, center and outer tire temps, which were already available in the UDP API. If it is needed I can provide the new Header file, but you can also find it in the 'Support' directory of the game install (Beta version currently only).

New values:
    Code:
    // AMS2 Additions (v10...)

// Session info
      float mSessionDuration;           // [ UNITS = minutes ]   [ UNSET = 0.0f ]  The scheduled session Length (unset means laps race. See mLapsInEvent)
      int   mSessionAdditionalLaps;     // The number of additional complete laps lead lap drivers must complete to finish a timed race after the session duration has elapsed.

// Tyres
      float mTyreTempLeft[TYRE_MAX];    // [ UNITS = Celsius ]   [ UNSET = 0.0f ]
      float mTyreTempCenter[TYRE_MAX];  // [ UNITS = Celsius ]   [ UNSET = 0.0f ]
      float mTyreTempRight[TYRE_MAX];   // [ UNITS = Celsius ]   [ UNSET = 0.0f ]

// DRS
      unsigned int mDrsState;           // [ enum (Type#14) DrsState ]

// Suspension
      float mRideHeight[TYRE_MAX];      // [ UNITS = cm ]

// Input
      unsigned int mJoyPad0;            // button mask
      unsigned int mDPad;               // button mask

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  12. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  13. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten
    Love this tool! Such an amazing and in depth way of seeing what is happening on track.

I have a question about the .xlsx output. Is this automatic or do I have to prompt it?

14. Happiness133

Happiness133 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How you did that? Mine always sets back as read only :(

15. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Can we customize the .xlsx output from SM?

Instead of the beautiful graphed, separated by sheet, masterpiece. Can I reformat it to look hideous, but easily convertible to .json?

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    You can maybe try to change the location the app stores data to something else then the user documents folder.
    SecondMonitor_Bw3g2lp7f8.png

From next you will be able to export .json file alongside the .xlsx file ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Watching for 9.5.0 drop!

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    And it dropped. I also removed the UDP requirements for AMS2 becasue of the recent AMS 2 shared data update :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Amazing!
    Should have asked earlier, is there any way to pick up steam ID of other racers?

20. Carlos quintao

Carlos quintao New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    i have costumize the leaderboard with what i need but in pcars2 the Car Class never apears can someone help
    Tanks