Shadowplay hates RaceRoom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rik Fast, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I use shadowplay from Nvidia to record video's, with other games there is no problem. But with (or) the latest Nvidia driver (or) the latest RR patch (or) both i can't start recording with shadowplay while RR is active. Doesn't matter if RR is on the background, window or full screen. If i close RR then shadowplay starts working again. Also no difference if i use desktop recording or not.

I use the Asus GTX 770 in SLI. AMD FX8320 @ 4400Mhz, 16 gb ram, latest Nvidia driver 347.52.

Is it only me? Have others similar problems? Is it a know issue and last but not least: Is there a solution?

Thanks.

2. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I also use Shadow play and have no problem with recording R3E races... But a week ago it didn't work on any game so I reinstalled it, since then everything is fine again. Already tried that?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @Tobias Schröder : I installed it just now and indeed it's working again in RR. With me it worked before in other games but not in RR (strange). Thanks for the tip and as a reward you get.... tatatattaaa... a winner medal

This thread can be closed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    It's good to hear I could help you :)

5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I had recorded a few R3E videos with ShadowPlay some month ago. Yesterday i tried it again, but strangely couldn't get it working. The small green dot is not visible in R3E and by pressing the key combination (for manual recording) nothing happens.
    I'm on driver versions 347.52. I also have re-installend Nvidia Experience v2.2.2.0, but it didn't solve the problem.

Any hints?

6. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes turning shadowplay off and on again helps.
    You can also try to enable Desktop Capture.

Or you can try to download an older version of the drivers.
    I did that when having problems with the latest version, and it worked fine again.

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    This , you nerf to enable desktop capture

• Useful Useful x 1