Show 'Physics model' version info on car selection screen

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von MsportDan, 14. Januar 2016.

?

Physics model version info car selection

1. YES

50 Stimme(n)
    86,2%
  2. NO

8 Stimme(n)
    13,8%
  1. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    pCars has all content on same model but it is quite random in terms of realism and quality .. I would say GSC is closest to be consistent in this matter .. yes V8 socks 2013 runs different physics than 2014 version and newer are less twitchy but that comes to mostly aero adjustments based on changed regulation in real life series (at least that what Niels told me), MR18 has some changes in it cause they didn`t get it right on first few tries but that is is as far as I know ... (talking about GSC.. I said to myselft that I`m not gonna run it till AMS is released so I spend last 3 hours driving almost every single car in it :) .. what I blast, amost forget how good it drives/feels)

2. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did you try the M1 ouvert?

3. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    nope ... there were some issues with servers .. couldn`t conect (damn always online feature :) ) ... I ended up playing 3 hours of GSC :) .. I`ll give it another try

4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Servers down does that mean an UPDATE!!!!

I LOVE gsc, but I've uninstalled to wait for the beta of AMS. In mean time its given me a chance to try other sims Mainly RRe, Ac pcars and more time on rf2.

Gsc does seem to nail the handling on my experience on track, it just feels right, and when you play you sort of smile to yourself and say, "that how it should feel"

I think AMS willbe the top sim of 2016 regardless of it being on an older engine than rf2, it will just be more polished imo.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    yep that is exactly what I wanted to do .. not playing GSC till AMS is out .. than R3E was down so I said to myself I`ll just try V8 supercars as I didn`t have time to test it properly and there goes 3 hours of my life :) I like rF2 but wit Reiza having licence to that engine I can see how AMS will easily be best sim out there this year (even GSC is nailing it most of the time, shame it suffers from not well known series/tracks... they need to get some GT racing in it to atract masses)

In regards of M1 ... I don`t know if there was hidden update but right know it feels pretty good .. not floaty at all (not like I remember it after GTR3, Aquiala, M1 physic update) .. feels pretty good .. from my intention to do 1-2 test laps I spent good 20 miinutes with it .. fun .. I though it would be harder to handle out of corners but than I looked at some YT onboard vids and it seems to be pretty easy to drive car .. my hands are still shaking from that sound orgasm ;)

6. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    interesting whats your vertical/lat forces and steer force at?

7. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    FF intensity: 100
    Smoothing: 0
    FF Spring: 0
    FF Damper: 0
    FF Fricton: 0

Steering Force Intensity: 70
    Understeer: 85
    Veritcal Load: 20
    Lateral Force: 85
    Steering Rack: 0

Information I`m getting is fine .. sometimes too heavy for my liking but enjoyable to drive and informative enough to drive fast for my skill (but I`m one of those 1.58.xx in GT3 on Nurburgring GP midpack guys sucking with default setup so don`t get any crazy ideas if I say 'drive fast' :D )

• Like Like x 2
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 15. Januar 2016
  8. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can you feel bumps? thats a low v load

9. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    sure .. FFB pretty much never stops sending me something .. I would say too much if I compare it to real life non racing vehicle :) I guess I`ll try to go up with vertical load to see if there is more bumps ... to be sure :)

10. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im on the fence with these two atm.

Steering Force Intensity: 40
    Understeer: 70
    Veritcal Load: 100
    Lateral Force: 100

=Feels springy, strong self aligning torque

Steering Force Intensity: 20
    Understeer: 70
    Veritcal Load: 200
    Lateral Force: 200

=feel the rear more, more dampened

11. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    so I bumped Vertical to 70 and didn`t like it .. enhancement of bumps was not that noticable and it started to interfere with my steering (springy, heavy, unrealistic feeling), I couldn`t feel rear that well anymore .. I`ve never really experimented with FFB settings after physics update, this is what I had set and I`m fine with it ... only thing is I`m not completely satisfied how it translate to FWD cars, but till I get wtcc15 with new physics/ffb I don`t really care that much (still havent buy TT)

13. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well im completely confused then with these ffb settings, because i thought that a lat at 80 and a steer force at 70 would be more springier. But thats what you like then cool just goes to show how we all differ.

14. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I could try lowering steering force and highering vertical .. but if vertical is only for bumps that i don`t think it is necesarry as I don`t feel bumps in my real cars (even in those without powersteering) ... only if it is huge bump and those I feel perfectly fine with vertical on 20 .. yes yes, stiffer suspension, etc .. :)
    But i`m definitely gona fiddle with it .. I was so happy that they fixed it for some classes I was afraid to touch anything I guess :)
    It was so simple in config files in GTR Evo now you have all those sliders ... :)

15. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive noticed that the steer force almost acts like a intensity value too, because you have a high force value you will feel bumps even at a low vert force.

16. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My T300 Settings, maybe you can compare it.
    I like the FFB in R3E.

R3E:
    FF Intensity: 100%
    Smoothing: 0%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Friction: 0%

Steering Force Intensity: 60% (can vary a bit, I also have a profile with 50%)
    Understeer: 50%
    Vertical Load: 150%
    Lateral Force: 50%

Engine: 10%
    Brake Vib: 22%
    Kerb Vib: 50%
    Shift Fx: 90%

Driver:
    1080 degrees
    Overall strength: 75%
    Constant, Periodic: 100%
    Spring, Damper: 0%
    Auto-center is set to "by the game"

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0

wow, 6 agrees, 3 winners and 1 wonderfull...so my best post, thanks guys. I could also add 2 things.1 - the degree rotation of the virtual wheel should be memorized in the setup of the car. 2- the control profilers I made inside the game should be memorized in the setup too. I hope to see these features soon

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    Ah! They release a SAAB this year :p

19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    There are some that would make a nice competition for the upcoming NSU f.e.
    But don't mistake this statement, I have no knowledge of a Saab being planned, although I would strongly support that.
    There's other very exciting things heading our way tho...

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You asked why your M1 wasn't able to go from side to side (tyre warming) like an F1 dude, in my eyes that's a comparison! The delay you feel in steering is down to suspension travel, I take longer to change direction nowadays, tiz an age thing!