Simple question: how to load a setup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karl Heinz Kluth, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    long time ago i played raceroom, still started now.
    My question: how can i load a setup ingame? All i see is "Save Setup" but not load setup.
    Is that perhaps no longer possible?
    Thanks in advance

2. HiCkS

HiCkS Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    when in the saved setups list screen, look at the right side, each setup has an icon with an UP arrow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks a lot.
    When i press the "+" Folder Buttonit switches back to the main setup view .
    There is no directory or sometihing like that to see, im back to the main setup view.
    upload_2023-12-13_17-11-2.jpeg

After pressing the "+" Folder Button near "Hockenheimring - Grand Prix" i am back here:
    upload_2023-12-13_17-11-48.jpeg

What can i do?

4. HiCkS

HiCkS Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but not sure what "+" button you mean.

There will be listed your saved setups, on the right side, each setup has 2 icons, "X" to delete it, and the one with an arrow up, to apply it to your current car.

In the first screen you show, there are no setups saved, just the default one.

You need to save a setup first, then it will be shown on the list.

5. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    You are right, it is an arrow and not a plus symbol sorry.
    If i understand it correct, it is not possible to load setups which i downloaded fom racedepartment, even if they are in the right folder because it is not a setup that i saved on my own?
    Sorry for my english, not my home language.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Setup files are in this path: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups followed by track name and layout name. So the easiest way is to load into a session with the right car on the right layout, make any changes to a setup and save it - then the game will create the right folder. Then just copy your downloaded setups over there.

Although take note that if your downloaded setup was created for a previous physics version of the car, it won't work correctly and is basically useless.

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    as of next Monday a lot of setups will be possibly fubar , that doesn't mean that they aren't saveable ; but id only bother trying with setups from the last month or so
    once loaded check gears / brake balance / and run your eye across the pages to see that something doesn't look wildly out of place

Andi

8. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thank you everyone. It seems to be due to the fact that the setup downloaded from the Internet does not seem to be compatible and is therefore not displayed in the game, even though it was saved in the correct directory, i.e. where my own setups are located.

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know, loading setups from other users should work. Are you sure you placed it in the correct directory? The different DTM cars over the years might use different folder names.

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Another thing to keep in mind is that setups for GT3 cars in GTR3 or ADAC classes aren't compatible to the same GT3 cars in DMT classes.

11. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I think so, i see my own saved setups ingame in the directory, but not that one i have downloaded, which is stored via explorer in the same directory too, but not visible ingame, only extern via explorer.

12. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It was one for the DTM Audi RS5, which i drive actually

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  14. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings: