Slow down penalties spin me out

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tim Cannon, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    sometimes in the heat of a race i get a slow down penalty. most of the time its no big deal. i lose a few positions. fine. but sometimes a slow down penalty will make me spin out from instantly cutting the power. very frustrating. wouldn't it be possible to implement the penalty without the sudden loss of traction?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I've had this too which is pretty annoying. I'd also like the car receiving the slow down to become ghosted too as the amount of times someone ahead of me gets a slow down and I plough right into the back of them! It doesn't help when they move back onto the racing line during the penalty. :eek:

Actually, I'd prefer if there was no slow down penalty but rather the time was added on at the end of the race but I understand that probably wouldn't discourage people from cutting as much.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    being ghosted is a good idea. i was probably one of those guys that got a slow down in front of you that you ploughed in to :confused:. sometimes i don't realize when i get the penalty and i do move back onto the racing line. taking out the leaders, myself, and damaging my good name :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    :D

I try my best to get out the way when receiving a slow down but like you say sometimes it causes you to lose control so it can be hard to prevent collisions with those following closely. That's why I think it would be good for the person receiving the penalty to be ghosted as currently it feels like those behind can be punished as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - definitly agree... would be great when the car that receives the penalty becomes ghosted. Not only during the penalty - a few seconds after the penalty too would be perfect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I'm not too much fond of the ghost system... I'm OK with ghosting when cars are stopped on track (slowing down or involved in a crash) or proceeding in the wrong way but I'd gladly remove the slow down penalty favoring instead the stop and go or drive thru ones... I don't want to race on a track in get real mode and then everything is baby proofed! :p

7. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I'd prefer not to have ghosting whatsoever as well but was meaning more for public servers where slow downs are in effect. On dedicated servers with like minded racers, everything should be as realistic as possible but if there's gonna be drive throughs and S&G's there needs to be a better way of communicating it to you like mentioned here.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015