So, where is this game going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

First off: I love the game, but for what I'm going to write, it may not appear so.
    I play this game in VR and do have 'just enough' power to do so.
    It depends a lot on the CPU and from what I read all over this forum and internet altogether: "it is a DX9 game, it is old, it's a miracle they even made it VR" and so on.
    Okay, there is support and we should be happy.

It is an OLD game, DX9......"don't expect to much" is what is between the lines.....

So, there IS, with great regularity, NEW content, you can BUY.
    Proper thing to do, in my opinion, is update the game (engine?) itself, then sell new stuff.

It feels 'not fair' to keep selling stuff while the base is very outdated: getting a respray for your 1982 car when the floor is rusted out completely, every 6 months again lets say.

I do get it; content brings in the bucks and fixing the engine does not. There are updates, newer tyre model and so on, but does it do enough when there is only DX9? Would a new tyre model have more influence with a better DX version?

Anyway; I do feel screwed over a bit this way.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    The devs aren't an indie studio that can fully decide what to do with the game. They only got more freedom not that long ago, relatively. In a situation like that, upgrading or changing graphics engine is not something you can pull off in a few months, and they still need money to keep the game afloat, so new content must be released regularly. New tyre model and other physics stuff is done by two people, it's not like the whole company was working on it.

• Informative Informative x 1