Resolved Steering Wheel cockpit visual stuck on 180

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Hell-Fiend™, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys

as the title says Steering Wheel cockpit visual stuck on 180 degrees although i changed it in the Car settings to Custom 900 and even i tried Matching still does not work. Am using a thrustmaster t300rs and in the control panel it is 900 degrees. Anyone know how to fix this>

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I cant recall if this is still the reason or not... but try disabling the virtual hands on the wheel.

I think they used to be limited to 90 degrees in either direction.

3. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Like nate said:
    Do you see the virtual driver's arms/hands?
    If so, just disable virtual arms in settings and you should be fine.
    Due to limited or missing hand/arm animation for crossing one's hand the virtual steering rotation is locked to 90° each side.

4. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ill try Wheel only with no Hands thanks!

5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I think it's time for a new wheel/head and animation to see more rotation than just 180° . For the xbow they have updated the animation. But in DTM cars for instance it gets stuck in 180. Looks stupid in replays. I can turn off the animation but what's then the point of an animation?

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    If it's been updated in the KTM then no doubt it will also get updated in other models eventually, unfortunately Sector3 is only a small studio with limited staff and resources and other features/content takes priority.
    Periodically, older content does get revisited and updated though, it's just a case of time. Big year coming up for Sector3 though so I wouldn't hold your breath on this making it to the top of the list any time soon. :(