Suggestion for new pricing model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Art_Vandelay, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I don't see why R3E needs a new pricing model, I don't have a problem with the current one. They run sales, sell packs with discounts etc. to keep costs down my only minor gripe would be to drop the 'vRP' system and just use real currency prices. As for R3E being classed as a demo, it certainly isn't a demo you get the whole game with a decent selection of content that could be sold as a game in its own right. I think if it was re-classified as a demo it would hurt sales more in the long run as some gamers don't bother with demo's much these days and if they can't find the full version they will assume it hasn't been released and never get to try it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Maybe use a hybrid model:
    - Subscription service, everything is unlocked while the subscription is active.
    - Non-subscription, you buy packs and tracks like its now.

Of course the subscription users should have extra privileges (tracks/packs sooner/maybe even win prices) and buying all content separate should be more expensive then a subscription per year. This means of course that a lots of content needs to be released per year to justify the subscription.

Second all the prices should be transparent:
    - No more -49% and such on packs which are not on sale (normal pack reduction is not sale).
    - Maybe a small tag like you save XXXX vRP instead off looking like a sale.
    - No shop were you can buy bulk vRP.
    - $/€ next to vRP on each item.
    - Real sale items have the yellow sale tag

Have a single track/cars sale every week or month.

With this I think everyone would be happy.

3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Surely the best option would be to just get the features finished, put everything together and charge a single price for the game as a whole, additions could then be sold as DLC like the majority of games?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I think you will find this model impossible, sonar is used by an individual in their studio/bedroom so the software is a stand alone product, can't see how a sim can have everyone using different versions the whole thing would grind to a halt.

5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I think they should drop the f2play advertisement, and call it for what it is.
    A modular game with some f2play content and competitions.

Bring back vrp bundle purchase on the store page!
    You will go along way with 10000vrp's and it's to a reasonable price.

Add some tracks to the car packs, making them more prise worthy!
    Just like you started out with the ADAC 2013 and WTCC 2013 packs.
    I think the chances of selling packs instead of single cars will rise with this.
    You sell more, and we get more people with the same car / track combo in multiplayer.

Also introduce a starter pack for newcomers for a really good price that will attract and hook even more new players.

Then make a loyalty bonus for trusted fans, the more content you own, the greater discount on new content! (up to a certain limit of course)
    This will also invite players to get more content, and insures that old players don't feel they reach a limit because of all the money they spent.
    Win, win.

And lastly when more key features are implemented, start over on steam with a better / catchier and easier name.
    Wiping all the reviews, along with more advertisment on steam.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The word "generally" make things a little vague, so also the demo of netkarpro, 1 car and possibility to go online, could be called "free to play"

7. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    some sort of it there is already, the more vRP I buy the more discount I
    get http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Because it's confusing to the newcomer. OK, we can accuse new players of not doing their homework regarding the sales model and pricing, but the fact is - they shouldn't have to.

The problem is.....nobody knows about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    nobody knows? so where they buy vRP?

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to buy vRP packs to buy things in store.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Art_Vandelay
    Didn't read all but your suggestions brought me to the fact that RRE is actually using the standard software scheme of a Free Trial and Premium Version - its just the label F2P that sticks out...sometimes I think its more about the labels than about the actual substance.:rolleyes:
    Btw: DAW : I'm using Studio One Free Version...(for Homerecording Production).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You're not quite familiar with the actual workings of the commutative principle it appears.
    Every playable demo is of course free to play (as in you can play it for free), but not every free to play title is a demo, or in logic semantics: A→B ≠ B→A
    Hence "Free to Play" and "Demo" are not commutative.
    Sometimes it does make sense to look at a sentence as a meaningful whole. A demo is a stripped down version of a full product with certain lesser properties. When installing R3E you receive a full product for free, not a stripped down version, so it's not a demo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ah, this is new for me :D I'll check how it works

• Like Like x 1
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    As james said, it's not clear for newcomers.
    And it's also fiddly that you need a second account on the publishers site.. .

And also this is a bundle vrp bonus, just like a bonus you get if you buy packs instead of single cars / tracks, this does not in any way reward loyal fans that already bought it all..
    As a loyalty bonus I talked about would, make trusted fans get discounts based on how much content they own.
    Would ease / level out the money mountain some of us have thrown into the game.

And it would also tempt new players to buy more content when they see that they will get something back over the course of purchases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  15. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I have never used the vRP site, I use Steam to buy stuff.
    If the game is launched and you go to the store within the game you can pay with Steam.
    If you go to the store outside the game you need vRP to buy stuff.

:rolleyes:

16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Any dev that wants to get in the conversation?
    Would be nice to hear your thoughts.

17. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    mmm:confused:
    I am in the store you said, if I click on confirm it takes my vRP, where is the option for pay throught steam?
    [​IMG]

18. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I believe you can only pay via Steam if you (partially) run out of vRP. You then have to add money to your steam wallet and then proceed to checkout that way.

19. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I think (since I don't have vRPs) you need to have 0 vRPs on you account.
    The pay option is identical to your screen but I get redirected to Steam once I press the buy button, there is no Steam button or something.
    Its just one of those things I guess...

20. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ok, so you pay in euro, just curios, for this car how much euros you pay?