Problem Suzuka: frame-a-geddon

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Skybird, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    What's up in Suzuka? I usually can run safely up to 5 dozen cars (60) on the tracks (usually I do 48, but I also tested with up to 72 cars), I tested for example at Nordschleife, Spa, and then maximum car fields as given at Bathurst, Hungaroring, Sonoma, Hockenheim... But at Suzuka GP, with 45 cars, frames brake down to total stuttering in the low one-digit range of fps !? Completely unplayable. Also, it comes and goes in phases, some seconds it stutters, no matter on which part of the track, then it all is smooth for some seconds, then it stutters again some seconds, and them some seconds smooth again... I then tried 3 dozen cars, only to find myself driving smooth and safe again, so the track still works. But what causes this dramatic reduction in cars possible? I also tried waiting until all cars had left the pit for sure, but that did not cut it. Class: FR. Time: Noon and Afternoon. Mode: SP, Training.

Is Suzuka not optimized, is there a frame rate monster under the corner, or is there some hidden complication with the track? I ran 70 cars smooth as silk at Nordschleife which is several times as long...!?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Those damn Kaiju monstaru!!! image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No, serious - what is it with Suzuka that makes this track so awfully demanding on the CPU? I love Suzuka, I drive it a very lot. Really would like to know what the problem there is.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  4. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I had it at spa yesterday. Had to turn my aa down which helped. It seemed to happen at the same spots on the track. Had to fight to keep the car straight.

5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I have the say I'm finding totally the opposite, it use to be abit of a fps eater, but since the patch it's one of the best tracks for high fps now.

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Cant say that I have experienced any problems at Suzuka either. Track has always performed very well on my system.

You seem to have quite a decent system, so I wouldnt expect any problems there. (I have an i5 4670k stock speed, and a gtx 660)

If you are having issues with tons of AI, well, there is a certain level where having too many AI is just too taxing on your system. Each track seems to be slightly different there. Some tracks do well with 75+, and others do well with 30. Perhaps Suzuka is just one of those tracks for you that you need to run a few less than the max amount of AI.

You could always go to the graphics settings and turn OFF opponent cockpits. This should get back some fps. Other than that, using less AI may be necessary.

7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Grrrrr, I know that reducing the number of AI cars cures the problem, I am about the lacking consistency in that I can run 60-70 cars are Nordschleife and Spa, but fail with more than 40 cars or so at Suzuka, which is smaller a track and runs 30 cars less. So i wonder: what is the problem in Suzuka (or with other tracks where this might be a problem for people)? And why is it a problem on some system only, while not on others that are as decent as mine, or better?

Obviously there is more going on than just "too many cars". If it were about car numbers and tracks length, i should not be able to have 60-70 cars at Nord when Suzuka fails with already 45.

• Agree Agree x 1