TCR WORLD TOUR DLC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BreadedVirus, Apr 23, 2023.

1. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    So with the WTCR series dead, will RRE be releasing TCR World Tour DLC in the near future if they have the license?

2. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Well, if they have the license sure they will someday release it. But getting the license in the first place is the thing.
    But knowing that WTCR always was against any regional series represented in R3E (and i don't know what that tcr world thing belongs to) and also not knowing how the current license agreements are with the WTCR18-22 classes, maybe we won't gat that.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The new world tour thing is being run by the same promoters that ran wtcr and wtcc before it. So there may be a chance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Not really. WTCC and WTCR were organized by Discovery Sport Events (formerly Eurosport Events), and the new TCR World Tour is organized by WSC.

I think it's rather unlikely that they're going to acquire that license, and even then they would need to model the new Lynk and Honda TCR cars first.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You're right, my bad. I thought it was still under discovery. Oh well. Probably no more TCR then.

6. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    yeah DSE is gone and ITR is dead, surprised about DSE but ITR we saw coming. i forsee a bad time coming for adac GTM aswell as they put all their effort into dtm that they bough everyone that did gt masters goes off to gtwce

7. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Would be a huge disappointment, as the FWD touring cars are the main category I use in RRE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    If no deal is done with WSC there won’t be tcr…but they could deal with manufacturers and have like variations of the launch/ brochure livery and have something very very similar but of course it’ll be tc cup and not tcr at all. No siree. Legally distinct tc cup

• Like Like x 1
  9. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I would not bet on that, as far as I know WSC already held an eSport Series with a Mod in Assetto Corsa.

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    This. There are cars we have that aren't part of the wtcr licence (the Astra). Raceroom can make any car they like as long as they get a licence from it's manufacturer, and are careful about it's description.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Even without a license extension, no one is taking the cars away from you. There are loads to explore. The wtcc cars 14-17 are on very good physics and wtcc13 will soon be up to latest standards. Plus there may be more fwd cars coming in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Isn’t the FWD touring cars one of RRE largest in terms
    I race all the WTCR/TC and WTCC car, but it’s always nice to have new official stuff in the game.

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but they abandoned that mod in the meantime.

14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Sort of related, the TC Cup class could have a slight cosmetic review if more cars are to be added.

When left to R3E to fill a grid, it'll place Lynk & Co 03 cars (w/ a white WTCR banner on windscreen), but listed under a generic "C.Racer" driver name and Chinese flag. This car isn't even possible to select/drive under TC Cup atm. The promotional livery Cupra also shows a generic "C.Driver" name.
    driver_names.png

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  15. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    The one is Cyan Driver, the other Cupra Driver. Probably named due to license? No clue. Would surely be nice to have some community names there instead :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Not a bad idea that.

17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Why is there a Lynk car in TC Cup? Was there an event or something?

18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, missed also the non player selectable audi on the grid, with its own Brunei livery.

20. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    imo super2000 regs are alot better than tcr. and with the in depth rebuild people should get more excited then they do a new tcr pack