That's rip-off ! Sector3/Raceroom please let the loyal and long-term customers complete packs again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Slow, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    it is enough for YOU - so please leave this discussion! I believe more and more that you work for them...why else do you have to defend such a stupid and incomprehensible price model for ?????

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    in germany we call this "Futterneid" (jealousy about food).
    You just cannot live with the fact that new people who didn't pay as much as you for the content are able to only pay a fair amount and get all the content you have (for less money). That's pure envy and has nothing to do with "unfair business model".

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    and i call it : DUMMSCHWÄTZER, Radfahrer oder A....kriecher

Junge, junge... du kapierst es nicht!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ...and if there is no choice, it's not a dicount :p
    It is not about saving a cent or two. You think you're smart by always going back to that?
    This discussion is about the overall pricing model.
    Man, you're just exposing yourself.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    sry but no. I just don't understand what your problem is. There are methods to save money, for everyone.. and everyone was able to buy the packs once.. same chance for everyone. If you started early then you probably paid more. But you could use the content by that time. That's the price of early adopters.... the same goes for electronics and other software. Like DLC Bundles or GOTYS after a year where new customers pay less while the early adopter paid full. That's how life is, that's business.. if you don't like it then stop buying stuff or wait for sales. You just cannot call it a bad pricing model, it's a reasonable pricing model, people work hard to give you the content and the game, they want to get paid, the licenses want to be paid... a concept you don't seem to understand. This is not a discounter warehouse with thousands of people buying. This here is more exclusive and like a delicatessen shop where you just pay more on average! Go play Need for Speed or get a grip!!

6. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    didn't read further. Everything after that can only be irrelevant

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    many people just buy the content and pay via steam... then there's no discount. So there are multiple ways, and since paying over steam is 35% more expensive compared to the 10000vRP pack, yes this is a discount because you have the choice.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    we're not discussing Steam here, are we?

9. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    lass es der kapiert es nicht....

@sbtm
    I believe more and more that you work for them...

...why else do you have to defend such a stupid and incomprehensible price model for ?????
    ...why else do you have to defend such a stupid and incomprehensible price model for ?????

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    since you can buy vRPs via steam, yes steam is included in the discussion.

@Captain Slow you can stop trying to insult me. You better go to bed and yell into your pillow. You seem a bit angry .. lol :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    No it's not. Steam politics are Steam politics and Raceroom politics are Raceroom politics. Do you get the difference?
    If I were to discuss Steam politics here, I would also post in a thread that I don't understand and have nothing to contribute to but hollow yay-saying.
    ...and having a second thought about that steam pricing, I strongly suggest to you, to have a second thought on it's implications, too.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Alright, please stop the name calling. It's a losing game if you start calling each other dumb and lemmings and whatnot.
    And there's also no reason to tell people they're not meant to post in here, it's a public forum you're all writing in so everybody is free to share their point of view, even if they disagree with you.

On a personal note: I'm not aware of any other company that publicly discusses their pricing policy with their customers, so I don't really understand why you would complain about that.
    Maybe you guys can imagine that Raceroom didn't pick their strategy by throwing a dice, so I'd be reluctant with statements like "stupid pricing model". It might not make sense to you but I hope you can acknowledge that they most probably put some thought into how they want to market their product and why they'd want to do it the way they do. They have been running this business since 2012 and many people involved here have been in the gaming industry far longer than that, how long have you guys managed a game producing and publishing company?

If you're trying to talk to sb with the power to change sth about the pricing situation you should try contacting Raceroom directly, they certainly won't comment here. I'm rather doubtful they're going to discuss their business model either way, but who knows, and what have you got to lose.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Listen, you can have your opinion on things, and how you would like the game to work, but what you cant do is start harassing and personally insulting other users.

Tone it down now mate.

You have had your fun in a topic that has been discussed to death in the past, resurrected, and then been beaten to death over, and over again. This thread will not bear any new fruit.

I already gave you a nice option to share your criticism which will likely do a lot more than complaining here, since RaceRoom AG is who you want to be sharing your feelings with, so please try those means. Who knows, it may bring about a change? http://www.raceroom.com/en/support/

Til then, no more insults please.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  14. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    So don't even try.
    We have no clue and it's futile.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly the opposite of what I said. Remeber, 5 minutes ago?
    You're searching for negatives and opponency, not a fruitful way of debating.

16. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    That's no forum, there can't be an open discussion there.
    If Raceroom is the only one who has something to say, why do you bother us doing our thing here.
    You just disqualified every customer (that includes you) and every member of S3S

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This... is wholly irrelevant...

It is a method to contact RaceRoom AG directly, to voice your concern with the people who make the decisions... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert
    Do not underestimate the power of customers and the community in the gaming industry !!!!
    This painful experience had also made the big publisher in recent weeks like ea, microsoft (turn7), ....
    no buyers -> no (online) games....
    and if the buyers are not satisfied you should react ....!!
    as already written: just the last weeks have shown that the gamer cannot be milked infinitely by a unreasonable pricing model!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    thx to the willingly paying customers there will be some Porsches next in the pipeline..

as I see it, you guys owe us a lot :D:cool:

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Because that's what qualifies a customer, that he has a direct say in the companies (pricing) policies? Again, which other company does that?
    And @Captain Slow, I don't underestimate the power of the consumer, but I'm aware that it is an indirect power. You cast your "vote" by saying yay or nay to the offer you're presented with, but it is not customary for a company to discuss corporate strategies publicly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Raceroom - just like any other privately owned company - is not a democracy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.