That's rip-off ! Sector3/Raceroom please let the loyal and long-term customers complete packs again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Slow, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can delete your RR account by navigating to "Account" > "Account Settings" in the game's portal. This should also erase the association to your Steam account. If you don't want to delete it I guess you could ask the helpdesk to dissociate your RR account from your Steam account.

However, with the upcoming mp ranking system in mind you should be absolutely sure that you want to dismiss your account and start over before doing this.

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Compare a long-term project like raceroom with utility programs such as photo / video editing, music, etc.

You buy 1.0 and can then freely download some updates. Later when 2.0 hit the shelfs you can as an owner of 1.0 buy 2.0 at discounted price. The new user pays full price for 2.0

With games it seems to be the exact opposite.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Da musste ich jetzt spontan daran denken: ;-)
    [​IMG]

For the discussion:

I think the way S3/Raceroom goes with their costumer ist in a couple of areas in great need of improvement.

Communication AND pricing

Long time costumers are the losers here. I hope there is no discussion. Everthing is alright for taking money for new content. But that a newcomer pays maybe 30 or 40 % of the price as a long time custumer (SUPORTER) pays, is absolutely inacceptable in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Your loss, anyone who complains just because they are not patient enough to wait for a better deal (several sales a year) is ridiculous, first rule of life, if you want the latest things in life they cost more, this is how things work. Early adopters pave the way for everyone else. I buy content on release to back the development of my favourite Sim and no, I'm not well off, quite the opposite but £ per hour, RR is by far my cheapest pastime. You want to drive round in the latest and greatest then be prepared to get your wallet out.
    The packs can be bought once and only once which is fine by me (still have all mine in tact) my only beef would be that those packs will probably always stay unused as what's the point using them up for the odd purchase, surely the shop knows exactly how much each individual has spent and what on, be kinda nice that there were some monetary points, say 100, 150, 200 etc where you earn some free Vrp to use at anytime in the shop. To know some urchin can buy all the content on Black Friday for 50 when I and many others are in the 200's++ is rather irksome and then to find out they would be entitled to a discount because they own all content would not be just. Then again, life is not always fair but things could be done here just a tad more balanced, of course this should be sent direct to RRE as they're the producers but as usual, can't be arsed as I'm off driving!

• Like Like x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    While this is true, I would definitely prefer if RaceRoom had some sort of loyalty system. I've personally spent a fair bit on this game over the years, and I do it because I enjoy the content, and enjoy playing the game. For me, the value of what I bought is alright, but of course I would prefer if it was cheaper or more affordable for the entire package. Either as a new player to get more of a population here, and especially for long time players who have been around and made the community a pleasure.

That said, the content you do own isnt irrelevant just because something new comes out. When something new comes out, you can still do everything you could before, which is exactly what you paid for. You can even use your cars and compete against the new ones that come out even if you dont own those new ones. Something that not every sim allows. So if a new car or track either isnt worth the value you think it should be, or arent able to splash for it... there will always be sales in the future. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree! For mee it's not about the actuall cost of content, I can afford it. It's about whats fair treatment of old time users

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, its not an easy topic and widely discussed several times... the same always starts after a big update with several pieces of content.
    Personally I like the Idea of the loyality-system and hope that something similar to iRacing could be possible in future.

I'm not sure about the Database-Structure of R3E, but the shopping-history is definitely there. So if it would be possible to set a mark a line in which you would be qulified as a loyal Customer the shop could automatically set a discount on content.
    For example set the Mark at 27500 vRP which should be a minimum around 200€ if you buy vRP via raceroomstore.com. If your reaches that mark set 20% loyality-discount to the profile - maybe in addition with a special flag so that everybody know that you are a "premium"-Member or something like that.

If some thinks a few steps further there could be several Stages like bronze, silver, gold and even platinum-user / -member with diverent discount-levels like 5, 10, 20, 30%. In the profile an indicator how much you need to spend (and maybe combined with ingame-time or possibly your rank in future?!) could be implemented...

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom, a game that also has a lot of value as many other racing games.
    Everything is very nicely finished, cars and tracks. Personally not much to criticize. They are always doing their utmost to manage and improve everything.

BUT THE OTHER THICK PROBLEM IS ONCE THE PURCHASE.

In the beginning of Raceroom every new racer paid for what he wanted to race with cars or tracks. It was new and paid without problems for a car or track that you wanted to have fun, thrilling racing.

But the problem is that many novice riders are annoyed that they have to pay more and more when a new car or track is added and always has to pay the full amount. For example, for those drivers the costs are increasing and it becomes an expensive racing game.

Anyone who now meets Raceroom as new riders will be served with a nice pleasant offer.

Starter Pack - 95% discount - € 4.47 - 5 tracks- 10 types of cars - 126 deliveries
    Pro Pack - 91% discount - € 16.77 - 13 tracks - 29 types of cars - 156 liveries
    Premium Pack - 95% discount - € 39.88 - 36 tracks - 121 types of cars - 1022 liveries

First riders at Raceroom are therefore disadvantaged, because this should be adjusted.

Ex. you are a fan of the GTR3 cars.

An old Audi R8 LMS Ultra now costs € 0.29 (nice)
    New Audi R8 LMS costs you € 3.98 (this is not possible) this should also be € 0.29.
    This for new rider ok, but not for a rider who has been racing racer for a long time.

We as a parent driver also paid all GTR3 to the full pot.
    Now the new riders are offered a gift of 89%:
    All GTR3 cars (18 different cars- 230 deliveries) both old and new cars for a price of € 12.69.

This is really not fun anymore. New riders are given an advantage and older riders will be let out in the cold if I let them know.

Hoping Raceroom Sector3 is considering this to give everyone equal opportunities. Then it will also start racing again for every driver.
    And thus stops what the cyclone that is now slowly growing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not the old Audi R8 LMS Ultra costs 0,29€ it still costs 2,98€ as before. The price you see is just the price for one livery as you already bought the car-model.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I really like the McDonalds analogy :)
    Imagine you and your pal go there. He gets a table and you get the food.
    You order a BicMac meal and a McRib meal. Let's say both are 7€ a piece.
    You got 14 € in your hand and expect only a few cents back.
    But the lady tells you the following:
    "Sir, you already had a BicMac meal in october 2016 and a McRib meal in february 2015.So for you it's 21€."
    What would you say?
    Maybe:" But Ma'm, I come here twice a week"
    and she's like:"That is your problem.Take it or leave it!"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    About Steam as a choice:
    Who in his right mind would buy on Steam if one knew about the VRPs on R3Es site?
    For those who don't know, it is not a choice, but a trap.
    Furthermore: The steam price is not the full (100%) price; it's (for lazyness's sake) 135%.
    This is the deal between R3E an Steam. (in case you ever wondered).
    Surely there's more to it, I'm aware, but other details are not relevant here.

About regular discounts:
    Yeah, what a nonsensical argument!
    We who dare to complain are the one's who already bought that stuff.
    It's is so extremely off of topic it can be classified as 'far out' .
    It is used by those who keep assuming penuriousness.
    They obviously do not care to read and/or try to understand.

12. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nicely translated. Yet one that is the best here in Raceroom. Do not eat MacDonald. Fast Food. :p:D:p:D That's why go with that banana

13. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Except that analogy is nothing like what's happening here.

If you want the analogy to be correct, it would be like this:

Your BicMac and McRib are 7€ a piece. For everyone. But there's also a one-time only deal you can get those for 3€ a piece. One time deal. If you take it, that's it. You can only get it once.

And the conversation with the waitress goes as follows:

You*: I'd like the BicMac and McRib. Here's your 6€.
    Her: Sir, that offer is one time only. We see you've already got the deal last week. I'm sorry, but you now have to pay the regular price. It'll be 14€.
    You: But you sell it for 3€ each to others! Why should I pay more? I've been coming here every other day! I've spent hundreds here! I deserve better prices!
    Her: I'm really sorry, sir, but there's nothing I can do. The deal you're referring to is one time only and you've already got it last week.
    You: But that's preposterous! I demand to pay less! If you won't get me the discounted prices, I'll never buy anything from you ever again! Or I'll get a wig and a fake ID and I'll just pretend I'm someone else to get my discounted hamburgers!

And that's exactly why I find some of the posts here so ridiculous. But on the other hand, there's been some very good posts and suggestions as well, like earlier today.

(*Please note that by "you", I may not mean literally you yourself. I don't want to go through the whole thread again to see who said what exactly.)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I didn't read the previous pages so I'm sorry if it was already suggested, but maybe they should introduce a sort of season pass, one per year, like in other games (FPS mostly).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I disagree simply because it's besides the point I am making.
    For the slow:
    No problem with current model as it is for newbies.
    Problem is with pricing for those with practically all content already purchased, willing to buy 1st day.
    Present model is repugnant to some of those (maybe more than we are aware of, since the opposing group is very small and consists of the usual yay-sayers)

At last, a question for the yay-sayers:
    If this thread is futile, why bother?
    There are two possible outcomes:
    - nothing happens (so why bother?)
    - something happens (so why object?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes: Well, I tried.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Whatever the pros and cons of discounts, I wish RaceRoom would consider scrapping VRPs. Doing so should make purchases simpler (and thus more likely), and might garner useful publicity for Sector3.

Sorry to stray off-topic. :)

EDIT: I know paying in VRPs is cheaper than paying in "real" currency. My point is that the in-game currency should be scrapped. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  18. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Did you realize that using VRPs you can save some money compared to the actual prices in €?

19. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
  20. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1