The new adaptive AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paradox Agi, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Guys as The Pretenders says don`t get me wrong.

I try to share ideas so that the game improves and each player can set it as they want.

And I promise that if sector 3 incorporates the option of AI aggressiveness and it works, I will be the first to congratulate them.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I quite like the concept of the adaptive AI
    I’ve found that it takes about 4x 5 lap races to find the correct level for a track so what I do for training is just set up two sessions with 2 x 5 lap races with each having a 10minute qualifying session.
    Doing longer races would give you more accurate results (if you drive consistently) but I like how the AI level varies a little from race to race so that the out come is less predictable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    @Nano 10 Sorry but i would say that the problem is your speed, all of your videos show that you set a AI level that is to high for your laptimes. Like @CheerfullyInsane mentioned before, you brake way to early for your choosen AI level.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Once again, trying to be positive.
    Nano, I too have watched some of your vids. And I have to reiterate that you have the ai set too high. The Ai this sim are not aggressive. They will defend their position, and overtake when ever possible. But at the end of the day they are bots and have to perform within specific peramiters. The majority of the ai level setting is about how fast they handle the corners. You got punted entering the corners in every video I watched because you are too slow in the corners, and insist on trying to stay on the best line. So of course you get shunted. If you want to experience aggressive ai, try playing any one the the grid games. That will give you a bit of perspective. I personally don’t want S3E wasting time on something that is not needed at all. Everyone here has told you the same thing. So, we’re all wrong and your the only one who’s right? Do yourself a favor. Swallow your pride and turn the ai down. When I first started playing this sim,moving up from gtr2, I was totally aghast that I had to start at 85 to 90%. Now I run between 95 and 100 depending on the car track combo. Which is still slow to many others here. But that’s my fun zone. And this is all about fun and only fun. To me at least. And when I go back to gtr2, I’m slow there.
    Relax slow the ai down and learn the game and you find yourself moving the ai back up pretty quickly. And having fun at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    496.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Oh no, the defenders of the kamikaze bots again!!

Luckily the weekend I was playing hours and hours to Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and Automobilista and I did not have any problem with the AI, it seems more excellent.

the first option: maybe I became an excellent driver with the other simulators and then when I play Race Room I became a bad driver, very mysterious

the second option: the game has a great big problem with the aggressiveness of the AI and has no way to avoid the player

I choose the second option

I hope that Sector 3 can fix this terrible AI and can amortize the large money that I spend in this game.

Other complaints and victims of this atrocity

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/sector3-make-a-normal-ai.7481/page-13

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @Nano 10 if you're referring to my videos (of nearly a year ago), this doesn't happen anymore. It's fixed since a long time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    im sorry but every time you type this is how i imagine your voice

Andi

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Andi Goodwin

You are totally wrong with me

Only an optimistic person like me can put "I hope that Sector 3 can fix this terrible AI and can amortize the large money that I spend in this game".

Maybe it's very hard for you to see the reality as clear as my videos

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    But when plenty of others analyze your videos they see a different reality, which you seem unable to accept.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think we can safely cross this one off the list :p

Anyways, like when you posted at Race Department and had literally everyone tell you the same thing... you were already given instructions on how to improve and better yourself. Also, re-read that post I made. I know you didnt actually read it and heed the words mentioned since you responded 3 minutes after that comment about something totally irrelevant.

Until you come to accept that you still have room for improvement and choose to do something about it... no one will be able to help you.

Good riddance, and good luck.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
  15. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    @Nano 10 says
    "I hope that sector 3 will hear the complaints of many players like me who want to play cleanly.
    Examples?"

Lets quote from one of the posts from someone who after complaining listened to what was being said.
    "Edit: After a few races on Adaptive AI on my favourite tracks i've been having cleaner and cleaner racing. Having proper races now!"
    Also none of the threads are one sided
    One of the links is about pitstops and all but one are from 2016.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Notice how most of the threads Nano has used as "proof" to justify his position are over 12 months old!
    And ALL of them are older then the last AI update which further improved the AI intelligence.

It makes Nano's evidence totally invalid so please ignore those links

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Plus most of the complaints are the same few people over and over again. Further invalidating his so called "examples".
    Anyway, maybe if we ignore him and continue as if he weren't here, he'll go away.

18. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    In any other forum, he already would have been banned, but apparently in this forum you can troll as much as you want :confused:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Ok, lets just ignore him :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    aww but everybody enjoys a good train wreck right?