The whole gameplay need to be redeveloped...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kacperflak, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure any real sim will ever attract hundreds of thousands of players - of course I hope I am wrong but many people only really want to play games they will have a chance of winning, hence most games are beatable - something to make up for the lack of real achievement in the real world perhaps.

2. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Every single real sim developer does not attract casual players because they simply dont know they could to or how could to.
    Every single sim game is made by sim freaks who don't understand needs of casual players but then they moaning and complaining "why to hell we dont make money?".
    Because niche of hardcore sim players who cares about physic only is so small that prices must be kept high to keep up bussines wich is disatractt players who looking for physic but good fun also and "circuit is closed". That why all sim studios strugling with their business.
    Assetto (needs early access sales)
    Project Cars (2.500 000 euro free donations!!!)
    RRRE (how much cost unlock all content to race in poor single player and alpha mp???)
    the funny is every single sim developer duplicate tha same major mistake. Sped all money on physic but dont care about gameplay quality "because real sim racers dont really need to proper gameplay"
    this is road to nowhere
    We got 2 kinds of racing games on the market
    Arcade (need for speed, crew etc)
    lack of physic but expanded gameplay
    Sim/semisim (AC, PC, RRRE)
    Lack of gameplay but expanded physic
    between them two is huge unused gap with extremelly high market potential
    there is crowd of gamers enough mature to expected good physic but still enough casual to required simple good fun.
    nobody at this moment could offer that and first who will, will get jackpot

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean by "gameplay"? What gameplay aspects are there in a mp only game that charges for entering a race and driving in that race (tyres, repairs, fuel too maybe?)? Where is the "gameplay" in that?

4. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    gameplay is something what give games sense, it is the motivation system make game interesting, goals, achievments and aims, punishments also. It something make that you comeback over and over. It something makes you addicted from it. Something opposite to word "boring". It is how mp (or sp) is developed and how much fun and entertaiment could deliver.
    Whole racing spirit is based on two major ideas
    you could win something
    you could lose something
    and all racers in real enviroment who pushing throtlle pedal at start line jump just right between them two ideas and fight beginning
    it's call RISK, it makes excitment
    if you'll risk everything and you'll win , it is will be the best feeling in the world
    any mp in modern sims is just lack of any emotions
    doesn't really matter that you'll crash on first turn (you dont lose anything )or won whole race (you dont win anything) and it makes whole experience really boring from casual player point o view.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You are defining gameplay by excitement, which is a different thing. While there might be some truth in what you say, what you are talking about is a betting game and the analogy to real racing is not quite accurate: The drivers usually don't drive under the risk of "loosing it all". I don't think many people would be attracted to such a system, cause that's the whole point: most people who play games don't want to loose, that's why there are systems like reset or check points, and they most certainly don't want to loose money when they have that little control over the outcome of a game (if someone else pushes my car into the pit wall I will have to pay for the repairs? Thanks a lot.)
    One purely practical aspect to such a system: People would have to have a lot of money to spend on it in the first place, not very attractive to the casual gamer I'd say.
    What you are talking about is gambling and the whole dangerous mindset connected to it.

One thing you might want to think about:

If you have an idea you think is great that doesn't neccessarily mean it actually is great. In such cases it is a smart move to ask other people what they think about that idea, kudos to you for that move.

But if the vast majority of the people you speak to disagree with you it can only mean two things: Either all of them are wrong or you are. Apparently you think everybody else is wrong.

There have been rare occasions in humankinds history where it actually was like that and the outsider later on turned out to have been a genius and way ahead of his time. But the chances of being a genius are relatively slim and they are getting ever slimmer, so maybe you should ask yourself: Am I really that much smarter than everybody who is not me?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Hows about playing for enjoyment? It doesn't matter to me where I finish. It's a game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    You know what gives excitement.. Driving on the limit without having to take risks all the time and being able to do this with fellow racers.. That's true excitement! Edit: but that's my opinion and people may disagree without me defending that opinion all the time.. I

I dont find it exciting taking the risk of going up the inside of someone risking i'll bash them off track and i am the guilty one. I prefer it in a nice and fair and patiënt way, as is irl.. Drivers seldomly takes risks! Look at what the Amazing talent Max Verstappen risked at Monaco. I'm sure he wouldnt risk that move twice but will do some selfreflection before trying the near impossible. Get to know that word please, selfreflection :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    kacperflak as someone mentioned, and with reference to your last post above, you are an ideal iRacing candidate. You also have that aggro-competitive 'I am always right' attitude which is a common trait of the iRacing tribe.
    I for one like single player mode - as Sim Racing is not my career but a 20 year old hobby which I do for fun. But mostly humans are not fun things (that's why we love our pets so much) and also in single player if I can't kick AI ass then I simply reduce their strength and try again... I always win in the end and its all very civilised and hassle free.

• Like Like x 7
  9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Wait you play games without knowing your life is in danger and you're under lot of pressure cause you may lose a race at Nurburgring and your hard earned money? What kind flat, spineless, boring person are you?
    Now excuse me I've to finish this Mario Kart race where the Destiny of the Universe is at stake. Thank God I've my 899 safety points in my pocket.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    How many protective koopa shells do those equal? 2 or 3? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont think you understood what I wrote about.
    If you are real racer you should know that when you press pedal trhrotlle on start line and heart start beating faster you
    want to be first as much as you can but you also know that even little mistake may not cost you only position in race but also may cost you your car, heath or even your life. This is creating huge pressure and risk but also excitment, adrenaline and fun. You control the bid. This is the core of motorsport.
    I think many many people just leaving game after fisrt try because they dont see any sense of playing (nothing to achieve, goal, unlock, aim etc). It is just extremelly boring. Hardcore racers dont want race with newbies because no wreckfest prevent system, newbies/casual don wat to carry on playing because dont see any point to carry on, even they really like physics. And this is not just RRRE problem but whole racing sim market.
    OK, he push you on the wall ..... costs of the repair of your dmagaged car could be spreaded over two players take a part in contact/collission (AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN.........PRICES need to huge research process to make happy both sides but they should be suitable and atractive for potential customer.) + he'll get amount of safety points less for pushing from safety system + you could report him for unfair racing via special simple report system.
    if he carry on losing safety points or collecting reports could be banned for 7 days (less/more depend on researches) from contact mode or even forever and have to racing only in contactless (ghost cars) races on the same basis. It would separate poeple who dont interesting fair play racing but still letting them racing in contacless mode.

Well, slowly this thread stopping be place to exchanging ideas and becaming place to break "dislike" records thanks to Mr Gopfert in other thread wich is blocked for me now. https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-s3s-forum-betting-game.2112/ what is far away to whole idea of discussion board.

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    That thread was deleted.

13. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jesus christ .....how could you enjoy race with adjusting AI so many times for finally win race it is like
    I'm sure you would enjoy more NOT to be last at highest AI strenght than be first on your adjusted one.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  14. NickAtsi

NickAtsi Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi kacperflak as many others have tell you, you have iRacing materials. What are you looking for, you will not find it in any other sim except iR. I agree with you that there are newbies and ppl that is crashing everyone in public servers (you can find this drivers in iR but in Rookie class) and if you want clean racing you should go in a League or with friends in private server. Every sim racing title works that way and you see empty servers because everyone that plays MP, or in the majority, there are in a League.

15. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Just be prepared if you take the iRacing leap that everyone starts at the bottom so for the first bit, you'll have to deal with crashers,etc as well there. I tried iRacing for a month just wasn't for me.

16. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will not repeat anymore that iRicing visuals are a way below nowadays stardards makes this title absolutelly uniteresting for me.

17. NickAtsi

NickAtsi Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Dave this happen in Rookie class, when you promoted you will have clean racing.

18. NickAtsi

NickAtsi Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I read it mate but if you want clean racing every hour its the only choice.

19. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Seriously guys... are you still trying to discuss about this?
    that it's better to spend our time on more interesting things, especially when on the other side you just have a deaf wall.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you dont have to visit this thread if you really dont want to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1