The whole gameplay need to be redeveloped...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kacperflak, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I do not agree with many of the things that have been said in the beginning of the post.

But what is certain is that in the long term this game needs a financing system that is not based in take out the new license of WTCC or DTM with some new features in gameplay.

People wont to feel the sensation of ride a race car in clean battles against others, not to have a wonderful variety of cars in a game. Work on the features not only in libraries.
    In my case I only buy a car to run in the categories, I do not want them all.

And I also agree on the importance to work in online, but without forgetting the offline.
    It seems essential to implement rules and a system of flags in the online / offline races. I find it hard to understand that something as basic as the rules in a sport are not reflected in any sim racing except iRacing.

Imagine a game like FIFA or NBA without any rules, unbelievable!!!

You keep information about in game time of players and other valuable information, implement a system where we can group people by a safety rating; even manually. Allow an option in the servers to access based in this safety rating.

I truly hope these tips are taken seriously by the devs because the competitive in simracing world is huge

This game has a lot of potential and a very loyal community, you do not west it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kacperflak

kacperflak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I did not know that Skyrim is racing game? Does they race on dragons?
    Even super hyper AI will not replace real player unpredictable driving behaviours and intelligence. Is way more much fun and satisfaction to beat real players.
    Assetto does not offer anything more than good physics, decent graphic and not too bad ffb but at least is what they davertised but have you seen what is going on on the offical project cars forum and steam forum? No? Get the popcorn and go there. Ian Bell (head of studio) lost control about himself and started offending his unsatisfied customers calling them idiots. Hype train long like USA therailed and shitstorm with flood of bans has began.
    Free-to -play is the best market solution for RRRE at this stage of development but solution used at present time
    is no longer reflects to the idea free-to-play (as the game is advertised). Game must attract big amount of people to start play REGULLARY this is how main free-to-play idea works. Many peoplde dont want to play or left this quick because high prices and not attractive gameplay (no chievments, goals, aims, xp points, levels, ranks, awards, true personalised competition etc) and high prices because not many new players. Charges like "new tyres" would not affect customers too much if balanced vrp prices and could help improve quality of gameplay simulating real racing enviroment where you have to take huge resposibility for every single part of your car.

Also, very important anyone who join fisrt time could receive 1st free car and some free vrp to spend to attract first players to play regullary.

Kunos made some money because hype of people desperated to play modern highend sim racer but if you obeserving AC mp is dying by each month as many people may feel bored and bit unsatisfied (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/open-letter-to-kunos-simulazioni-and-the-community.102487/) and really crap sp either.
    Yes SMS made a lot of coin but.....I dont want to even talking about difference between past hype and present disapoitment of pC as I'm pretty sure this will finish really bad for SMS in near future.
    S3S.........the reviews, prices and quality of the product explain itself.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    "Children's talent to endure stems from their ignorance of alternatives."

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The reason I used Skyrim is because Skyrim is a solely single player game yet it sold tens of millions. You do not need a game to be online heavy in order to succeed.

Then, this genre isnt for them if they want fancy XP and progression. Call of Duty or The Crew is more suitable for them, instead. Racing games should be focused on delivering the best racing experience, not Skinner Boxes. 200 hours in pCARS and 170 in AC along with 80 in R3E so far, I still find myself kept playing these games. While I bought The Crew, even after 60 hours, I think I had very much seen what this game offers. Achievement points, goals, levels and xp will not keep people playing when your business model or core gameplay is terrible.

AC and pCARS are doing fine, not struggling as you say. Keep reading on all those internet nonsense about AC and pCARS. Evidently, Free to Play is working against R3E as even AC and pCARS has more daily players than this game despite R3E is a fine racing game.

It is still absurd as it was. And you never elaborate on what sort of improvement it brings. Ridiculous idea at it's best.

That will not enhance player retention. A better business model will keep players playing, not your Candy Crush business model. There are already free car given in R3E, not one, but a handful of them.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015