Question Tire physics and temperatures (GTR3)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Muca, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hello :)

I didnt race any sim for a couple years and RR changed a lot since then. 2 years ago I had less grip and worse times in leaderboard challenge than in single player races or ranked where tire degredation was active.

Now I have so little grip with tire degredation, way less than leaderboard challenge. I also noticed that my tires are all in high 60s to high 70s which is too cold. (any gtr3 basically). Are my cold tires the reason for the low grip?

How does tire temperature affect the grip? How do I increase the tire temperature? I have in general low temperatures, let's pick gtr3 as an example.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I think high 70s is still okay. Peak grip for GT3 tires is at 85, but +/- 10 degrees should still be fine.

Tire temperatures depend on a track, setup, and your driving style. So, what track do you drive?

3. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I tried Red Bull Ring and Road America. On both tracks especially the right side is cold. Setup is default with slightly less rear wing

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Normal. Try Interlagos or Moscow and it will be the opposite.

5. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Isn't there something in the setup I can change to get it to work? I noticed in online races some people have a lot more grip while having less downforce. I thought the tires are here the cause. For DTM 2020 for example with 2 tweaks the car is not only a sec faster per lap, it is also easier to drive.