Two Villains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Feb 21, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    In the past weeks I came to learn about two villains who obviously take any effort to destroy a fair, competitive online experience. The first one (let`s name him "Mr. I like to dishonor a great name") is well known already:
    He likes to lay ambush to fellow drivers, often those, it seems, who dared to overtake him,or making him realize in any other way that he hasn`t got it (balls, decency,skills, courage - whatever).
    This seems to trigger anger and frustration - If it is indeed a grown man : Oh dear, any help (whatsoever) comes too late!
    He is actually not a backmarker but not as good as he may think..
    The second one (let`s name him "Mr.Virus") I´m not sure he`s actually the same I caught a few weeks before (by chance watching a replay) but he drove a DTM 13 Red Bull Audi on both occasions.
    Well he represents the more subtle kind of Villain : Observing him I found he's a skilled driver, nevertheless, this seems not "good" enough for him. Was on qualylap at Nuerburgring (DTM13) last night with another guy 3 secs ahead of me on equal pace. Approaching the last chicane before Start/Finish - I was just turning into- a blue DTM R5 coming from behind , rushed past me cutting the chicane in a straight line, almost bumping into the guy ahead who was about to steer into the next turn right (maybe if he reads this he will remember) .
    I was stunned about that maneuvre (cause he got no penalty it seems) and I recapped something I observed a few weeks before: A guy with that same Red Bull Audi was racing Zolder with us. I remember watching him trying strange actions with his car during race (tried to ram me and another m8 as well) but watching the replay I saw that he explizitly was checking out every turn, every chicane, every hairpin to find blind spots where he could cut without getting penalized rushing over the green . Guess he found them....(psychologically speaking he could be the same kind as Mr. "Dishonor" = oversaturated/underdeveloped kid and /or sociopath)
    What really shocks me is not their attempts to cheat and disrupt but that amount of sheer criminal energy they invest to act in a destructive, negative and anti-social way....

Disgusting, even more while it is obvious both are not Free Users (cause they`ve obviously bought some content), having fun in wreaking havoc....which is what you have to expect on public servers....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Probably the same two people mentioned in the "vote-to-kick feature" thread over at Race Department. If the second person you discussed is who I think it is then yes, I've come across him and he's highly annoying indeed.

Most people in R3E multiplayer drive quite fairly so the idiots tend to stand out.

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    When there's one thing I learned about this species "Homo sapiens" then this: As soon as there is something to gain (whatever it may be), the question is not if somebody will cheat to get it, but only who will do it and how low he/she will go to do so. Quite annoying, isn't it? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, i met with "Mr. I like to dishonor a great name" today on Redbullring (GT3 race), we tried to overlap him, but he succesfully destroyed our race (not the first time...and i'm affraid not the last)

I also met "Mr.Virus" (think yesterday on Nürburgring (DTM1992)), his last chicane action is very typical, he can be found here on forums as well (same name as ingame). He seems a fast driver, dunno why he is acting like an idiot....

5. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    o_O : I`m not talkin` bout Homo Sapiens in general...talking bout the sub-species "Anus Holus".
    Big difference! (also better & more precise reference for "what to learn about Homo Sapiens AND his sub-species" - why dragging whole mankind in ? Guilty ?:) )

• Funny Funny x 4
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I think we all meet with this "Mr. I like to dishonor a great name"

The other day i was watching Swordi video on you tube. A bunch of friends (all german ) racing together and guess who showed up and tried to ruin it to everyone. yup "Mr. I like to dishonor a great name" he was cutting chicane at full speed to take a pretty minor slow down penalty (compare to the gain he's made) at Monza, and after getting himself in the sand by himself he tried to take out a bunch of guys at the chicane ramming in them at full speed. I really hope they introduce a kick system. He wont even get to start the practice if i ever see him get in our race.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    If I would be someone responsible at S3, I would take away all their content , freeze their RRE-accounts and if neccessary pay them out from my pocketmoney....(incl. a liitle surcharge for being such a pain in the...you know what).

BUT the more practical solution might be that one driver, "sacrifice" himself to hunt these idiots down - did it once when I came across another "villain" who got me really upset - and it takes something to get me really upset :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  8. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    i think there is no good solution for these kind of problems right now, when dedicated servers will be available, it will be much easier to get rid of these ppl (votekick can be a solution, but by my experience, usually is it pretty hard to bring together enough votes...)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess we need this :) :

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Dedi Servers coming.... you guessed it .... soon.. :rolleyes:.. ( no offence S3 ;))
    Then these "villans" or Rat F@#Ks :mad:
    will have to play with themselves. But iam sure these types of people do plenty of that already.:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0

New Kick System under testing

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    We had the same problem in a mobile racing game I used to play. In that situation, the more we spoke about them, the worse it got. Seems people like that get excited about their notoriety. If some one wants to be a twerp on the internet it's hard to stop them.
    We learned that they will go after the ones they know they can annoy. The best thing you can do is ignore them (I know, very hard to do) and continue on with your race. Then download the replay find the incriminating section of video and send it to S3. When enough people complain, they can then ban the ip address of the offender.
    But be warned these people love a fight. We learned that the hard way. And it got really ugly for a while. REALLY UGLY!
    If we ignore them, give them no acknowledgement or satisfaction at all and continue on like they aren't there. They will get bored and leave.You can bet your bottom dollar they have read this thread and got a nut from it. And will most likely be looking for your name on the track.
    Ignore these pathetic twits. They don't deserve the effort it took to start this thread!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Greg, the problem will disappear the moment a vote to kick option and Dedicated Servers are there. I totally agree with you regarding the old wisdom to never feed a troll and also that these kinda folks are seeking attention (at any cost) to get self-validation out (no matter how screwed such a behaviour is). What hits me most is that it actually makes no difference if you ignore them or not, cause the moment they appear they take over control (that game is also mainly about taking control about others and even if you try to stay out of trouble, you KNOW they are there).
    I just wanted to make clear that I know them, know their nefarious mindset behind and also let others know, cause on that occasion (Race at Spielberg) I just waited for the usual ambush and was surprised when another racer started to argue with him after being rammed - thought that he is well known as "R3E Nemesis" already....for me its not about spitting poison as well in their direction (except for blowing off steam here -than having fights on the track - and to be very clear about what I feel about such subjects) its more about exposing their twisted intentions and weird actions.
    The best solution for now I find is not just ignoring them but to cross their game the moment they appear which is to leave the track altogether. I regularly do a check via "Race Monitor" now, before I start my laps online, and when I see a usual suspect appear I immediately leave the session (guess I will leave a fair warning *codewort* via chat for next races something like "Troll Onboard"
    And despite it might appear like a little Crusade - which it is because I won`t ppl take control over me - I take these things lighthearted and with humor, because I know its a temporary issue and sooner or later, like matteman said, they have "to play" only amongst themselves - and they won`t like it ).
    So its okay when you`re angry about them just don`t feed them with such emotions in a direct confrontation cause thats what they want, to feel superior/cunning/smart whatever...(poor lads)..

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    An idea came just into my mind, to avoid those "race trolls" on public servers, as much as possible.

What if Sector3 gives us a personal blacklist, on which you can add people you don't want to race with. Then in the multiplayer lobby, servers with (your) blacklisted drivers will be marked in a special color. So you can directly see on which server your "enemies" are, and you can decide for yourself, if you want to join those servers or not.

And just to add ....... if you're on a public server, and a blacklisted player joins this server, you get a warning message. Maybe something like this: "Player XYZ has joined the server. Watch your back!". :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Problem I see with this (while not a bad idea ) is a. that "tagging" (allegedly) bad players can escalate into a "Witch Hunt" and that S3 might not be happy about denouncing paying customers (for that reason).
    As R3E works from a centralized Online-platform one solution that comes to my mind is to create automatically generated driver-profile(-stats) you can follow via your own profile data. For example guys like "Dishonor" surely have have amassed penalties cause when they kick out other drivers they kick out themselves too. That way you could have a look which drivers are running clean with a decent average laptimes/penalty/collison rate and those who are not (mostly Rookies and Trolls :) )...so that then you can form a racing group with them (or whatever) and decide on your own with whom to drive and without S3 involving directly into any kinda ban-policy (except for real rogues who are already convicted for destructive behaviour).

16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    See at 23:24

Thats one example. The whole race these guys are talking about him/her
    finished 3 lap behind only crashing people.

17. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thx m8.....btw. what FOV do you use?
    Perfect...;)

18. Myself9

Myself9 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to add myself to the list as a THIRD and most evil villain.

After punting David into the pits at Sonoma on lap one during the ESR race the other night, I don't know if I can ever sim race again. BAN ME PLEEEEASE!! :p

19. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure that in leagues incidents are looked at and sanctions applied. That would be to the specific community but still, the point is, be mindful of your attitude. I've seen even being bans not from just the race/championship but the whole community before.

IMO, public servers suck, PERIOD. Fortunately I have the option of NOT using them which is the easiest decision ever :)

I rather race the AI in Mario Kart!

20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Hi Fairman. Thats not my video.
    I have a bunch of racing channel on youtube that i watch once in a while and this is one of them.