Problem Unbelieveable tire wear

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gerbuho, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    This happened before in the same track with other cars so there seems to be a problem with Laguna seca and the tire wear.

I jus did a 15 min. test race with the mustang GT3 that I just bought. Everything was normal till the tires reached 94% (11-12 min ha passed). Suddenly the tires became completly useless, as if I were driving on the rims. I had to do two more laps and I could notice that in last lap front tires went from L94%-R94% to L91%-R89%, that in one lap! I couldn't drive at more than 50 km/hr if I wanted to keep on track. Needles to say that pitting wasn't an option cause nobody else did and there were only 3 min left.

As I said, this has happened before in Laguna seca and with no mandatory pit stop becomes impossible to enjoy a race.

It's very annoying actually (what should be fun).

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i was driving the Audi Gto on Shangai short *west the other day. And the tires were gone to 93/94 about 12 minutes in as well. Then the car was completely impossible to keep on the road.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    strange I havent had any problems, you'll need to provide info so the devs can recreate the issue;
    which gt3 car?
    multiplayer or single?
    session length?
    tire ware setting if multiplayer?
    any other info such as setup changes?

4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    That reminds me of a specific question:
    @Sector3: Is the abrasiveness of different asphalt types physically modelled in R3E? There are tracks in real world, which are more aggressive to the tyres than others, depending on the surface characteristics.

5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Tire wear has a multiplier that is adjusted according to the length of the session. So a full length session (60 mins) will have 1x Tire wear, while the shortest have 4x I believe (Don't have the exact distribution in my head). When you hit sub 95% the tires are pretty much worn out already. We're working on changing the scale so that instead of "running out" of tires at around 90% it instead happens at around 10%

Not currently no.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Hannes.

• Agree Agree x 3