Update December 2021 still worse performance!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So, think i leave Raceroom....
    No more buying new content after years of waiting for fixes to Nürburg 24 hours.Still bad Ai @T1 to T2.
    No more constant 60 FPS with 25 cars.Same as Spa 24 hours.No matter wich GFX settings i use Auto/High brings stutter and frame drops on certain places on tracks.I think they killed performance at the cost of the new FFB. Next good Sim going down for ME.Very sad,was my beloved No.1,now i have only AMS2 left...
    If they switch to a better preforming game engine and or fix the performance,wich i doubt they can with that old 1-core thing,i will be back.So from best running game to worst now kills my fun completly.
    And my system handles all other sims well....except ACC.
    Very sad.:confused:
    Anyway,nice X-mas to all...:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  2. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    For some reason, certain tracks and parts were always with FPS issues and never been fixed. Sometimes, it is due to many objects, but Spa is poor almost everywhere. Nürburg 24 hours is full of fps drops. Not sure what that is, but I think it is time for a brand new engine, laser scanned tracks and a solid online system. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Not enough staff and not enough funds. I guess you've got to appreciate Sector 3 time and effort in keeping this title alive. I left Raceroom but still keep an eye on it and play it once in a while to see how things are going.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    We keep updating our graphics drivers and honestly none of them are based on better performance in dx9 , so even if there are tweaks to the graphics ingame you wont notice ... just saying

Andi

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So,when there is a option like time multiplier and i can't use it anymore on certain tracks (Nürburg 24 h etc.) and it worked years ago,like web hud,there must be something deeply wrong.Remember i bought all tracks and cars as IT WORKED!;)
    Hope,it is not going the "Rfactor2 way" here...

5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Ive got worse specs tban you and better fps by the sound of it

And i have no idea why ,

Andi

6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Worse is the start of the race,after T2 it is back to normal...(N24H)-latest Nvida drivers installed,it's a bit better now..AND it has something to do with virtual mirror.If set to off,it is @ 60 fps.
    BTW:i can run ACC with 16 opponents visible @1080p and mirror low @ night in storm with steady 60 fps (V-sync) from back of the grid.And it's looking fantastic,i couldn't belive it (after 2 days experimenting with settings and testing out the worst case and scenario).
    Merry X-mas to all and Andy (working on Sunday!):eek::D

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Acc dx1, drivers are updated to optimise this , and multicore performance

Ill be honest i dont run virtual mirrors , nothing in the cockpit etc , so maybe that helps

And have a good holiday aswell

Andi

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    There is definitely something amiss at Spa start finish going down the hill and on the Ring 24h track regarding FPS drops on specific parts of the track for no apparent reason and regardless the number of cars. I´ve had it on 2 pcs with different specs. Turning the mirror off always boosts FPS but there is something amiss, please test it and see for yourselves.