Virtual Wheel in cockpit messed up

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Skybird, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Have been away a while from RR, now coming back and finding that the virtual wheel animation is a mess. The hardware wheel seems to work pretty much as always, with botrh rims I use, but the virtual wheel's animation is no longer in synch with the hardware wheel's movement, when I turn the hardware wheel to the max (one and a half rotation=540°), the virtual wheel only has moved 90°. The usual range of hardware wheel movement during normal driving the virtual wheels answers with turning 15-20° to any side, at best, its is completely decoupled from what the hardware hweel does. It seems to be an issue now with all cars, I tried half a dozen classes. I tested several settings in the garage/wheel setup in the top right corner, minimum settings there, maximum settings, and default, there was no visible difference. Animation is a mess.

Known problem? Some change in the meantime I am not aware of? I am clueless.

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem after the last patch. I've been using RaceRoom with the following settings for years:
    - Steering rotation is set to 1080 degrees in the Thrustmaster driver
    - Steering animation in RR is set to 'Match setup'

But for some reason, after the last update, the game switched my Steering animation setting to 'Custom' with a 180 degree rotation. ( Were those options even there earlier? I don't really remember them to be honest. ) I had to set the Steering animation back to 'Match setup' in-game and everything is fine again.

3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Can you tell me where that setting was located? I do not find it neither in garage setup nor game options but maybe I am too drunk of all the wine gum I just had...

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    It's in Settings -> Video -> Advanced I believe.

5. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem. There was a "max steering range" or similiar in the settings that was set to 180*. Changed that and it fix it.

6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, both of you. That solved it. Thanks!

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yes, they were there before.