Web overlays performance - New CEF version?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    • New CEF version with hardware acceleration. To enable hardware acceleration of web menus, the game can be started with -cefEnableGPU (however, depending on GPU and driver, the performance can be disappointing, sometimes even worse)
    • Web overlays performance - If resolution is higher than 1080, the in-game browser is restrained to 1080. Web textures are scaled up to fit the screen. Optimized browser textures to be between 20% and 50% faster.
    Can someone explain this to me?
    1.What is a CEF?
    2.Web overlay- does otterhud preform better now?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    1. CEF means "Chromium Embedded Framework" (internet search for more info).
    2. Otterhud and other webhuds might perform better if you use this startup parameter.
    3. I can't say anything about resolutions, I'm on an old monitor and can't even check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So,thanks for the information.If someone can report if the performance indeed rises....
    I would try it again.Last updates to RaceRoom made me stay away from that cause it kills my performance on my system @1080p resolution.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Tryed it,makes no difference - still worse performance with or without webhud.Sad.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Apparently it makes use of spare GPU power to accelerate web, so you reall need to test it yourself as everyone´s system is different.

I was hoping it would speed up webportal loading but no luck there, still Sh!t slow to load first time then instant for relaoding.

• Like Like x 1